CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;)   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 668 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;) - 1/2/2002 5:06:55 AM   
ZM

Hi There!

I wonce found an article in www.cdr-info.com that explained the diference between recording a CD-R and CD-RW, the details about laser powers, the erase of a CD-RW, etc. Now I can't find the article. Could you give a help? Thanks.

I am new to CDRW thing (but not CDR). I recently bought Plextor PWX2410TA, and burn some CDR's. But I'm interested in knowing exacly how to burn CDRW ... I mean, the laser powers are diferent to burn each media, so if in some way I choose the wrong one ... puf with the media ... :(

How, in burning software, is the choice made about the media? Is for example like a combo box where I select the media (CDR/CDRW) and then in other one the speeds available are filtered (1x-24xRW / 1x-10xRW)? Do I need to make some kind of format to CDRW's? Can I configure CDRW to work like a regular disk, with copy/paste, drag-and-drop files to it?

Many Thanks,

... ohm ... and Happy New Year 2002 to everyone! ;)

ZM

Post #: 1
RE: How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;) - 1/2/2002 7:59:27 AM   
john

Hi,

The article is placed under www.cdrinfo.com/articles/ but soon the url will change (due to our database system). From user's point of view, writing at both CD-R, CD-RW shouldn't change anything above that CD-R media can burned once and up to 24/32x

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to ZM)
Post #: 2
RE: How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;) - 1/3/2002 3:23:49 PM   
whocares9999

ZM,
As far as the user is concern, there is NO difference between writting to a CD-R and a RW. Of course, there is a difference once you are done writting. RW can be erased.
As for your question of using a RW as a floppy, that is what Direct Cd (US, INCD in Europe) is all about. Format a RW disk and use it.
Be warned that formatted RWs are a fleeting thing, and are not recommended for long term storage.

(in reply to ZM)
Post #: 3
RE: How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;) - 1/6/2002 5:36:22 PM   
clawso1

When using CD/RW Media, if you want "Drag & Drop" capability then just "format" the disc first with your CD software, but if "Backing Up" your drive leave it as it is. Also, since you have a PlexWriter 24x, you should get the "CD Res-Q" software, which you can use to backup your total system on CD/RW's if your system changes because of new software installation, then just back it up again. I always use two sets of disc since anything can and does happen at times. By two sets of disc I mean, once I make the first backup and then when it's neccessary to make another one, because of new software installed, I don't "Erase" the first set until I get the next backup done, and so on. The software is only $35 plus about $5 for S&H. You won't regret getting it. Windows ME has a "Restore" program in it, but suppose you can't boot your PC, you guessed it, you can't use it. But with "CD Res-Q" from Plextor you can because it's a DOS program. The software is a GREAT asset to have with your Plextor drive, to say the least!

quote:

Hi There!

I wonce found an article in www.cdr-info.com that explained the diference between recording a CD-R and CD-RW, the details about laser powers, the erase of a CD-RW, etc. Now I can't find the article. Could you give a help? Thanks.

I am new to CDRW thing (but not CDR). I recently bought Plextor PWX2410TA, and burn some CDR's. But I'm interested in knowing exacly how to burn CDRW ... I mean, the laser powers are diferent to burn each media, so if in some way I choose the wrong one ... puf with the media ... :(

How, in burning software, is the choice made about the media? Is for example like a combo box where I select the media (CDR/CDRW) and then in other one the speeds available are filtered (1x-24xRW / 1x-10xRW)? Do I need to make some kind of format to CDRW's? Can I configure CDRW to work like a regular disk, with copy/paste, drag-and-drop files to it?

Many Thanks,

... ohm ... and Happy New Year 2002 to everyone! ;)

ZM

Regards
Cal

(in reply to ZM)
Post #: 4
RE: How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;) - 1/12/2002 4:18:41 PM   
joripe

I think using CDRW Sucks Lot easier just to burn to CDR they are cheap enough & much less hassle

El Supremo

(in reply to ZM)
Post #: 5
RE: How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;) - 1/14/2002 10:06:32 PM   
Einstein

CDRs are cheaper? Yeah, but sometimes a CDRW can come in handy... plus the fact that CDRs have gone up in price here... big time... so... Baah... I wish the price of RAMS would stop increasing *sniff* (Okay, that had nothing to do with burning lol)

E=MC^2

(in reply to ZM)
Post #: 6
RE: How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;) - 1/19/2002 11:06:10 AM   
R00KIE

cdrw media is vey usefull ! just imagine this:
you have lots of friends and each has a little amount of data that you want lets say 50~90MB its much cheaper to burn that to the rw and when you have enough data then burn it to a cdr,then you can erase the rw and start again.
imagine that you want to backup some important files some work that you have but it's not enough to fill a cdr use the cdrw again.
if you want to backup a game but you donīt know if the backup is going to work use the cdrw.
but YES cdr media is cheaper than good quality cdrw media
, but i think that the price is not an issue if you need to do something like i said before imagine the money you would spend in cdr media and the money you save with cdrw media.

about UDF formated media (copy/paste on the fly) i don't recomend it just for one thing: compatibility, you need an OS that supports the UDF version you are using and your friends too.and another important remark is that with UDF formated disks you wont have 650 MB free because of the formating you will have about 530MB. the only advantage is copy/paste on the fly.
you decide

R00KIE

(in reply to ZM)
Post #: 7
RE: How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;) - 1/19/2002 11:04:40 PM   
clawso1

It's evident that you don't know what you are talking about!!! It's mega cheaper to use CD-RW's because if you buy the right manufactured disc you can rewrite a thousand times or more.

quote:

I think using CDRW Sucks Lot easier just to burn to CDR they are cheap enough & much less hassle

El Supremo

Regards
Cal

(in reply to ZM)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> How to burn CD-RW's? - by CD-RW newbie ;) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI