CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1090 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/6/2001 6:29:01 AM   
pmcx9

Their is a general feel of thought in this forum that the LITEONs are superb drives but have weird power problems with ABIT motherboards.

I have two liteons on ABIT mobo's and they cause me probs when I disconnect power lead from PC and then reboot.

AT the moment neither ABIT or LITEON have addressed the problem.

I suspect it is ABITs problem.

Post #: 1
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/6/2001 6:55:52 AM   
john

Maybe ABIT has the problem only

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 2
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/6/2001 9:02:48 AM   
EYEREX

Have a abit kt7a-raid and a liteon works like a dream

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 3
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/6/2001 11:26:05 AM   
qsw911

That's weird. I only have problems with the Liteon 24102B on my Epox 8K7A, it works fine on my Abit BX6R2, BE6IIv2.0, SA6R and SH6.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 4
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/6/2001 12:39:46 PM   
HighlandeR III

Well only problem I have with Abit KT7A + Liteon 24x burner is the Auto insert notification problem I still get.

No ones bothered too find out what the problem is, but sometimes it goes away and sometimes it appears...

Sometimes ill just be using the PC and ill burn then open up cd and there will be no files so im forced too reboot then the files magicaly reappear...

Definatly software related problem, under XP the problem simply isnt there, have too admit I didnt get this problem with Plextor.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 5
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/6/2001 1:42:24 PM   
OC-Freak

I've only had those wiered problems on abit mobos.....but there I've had loads of it.....

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 6
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/6/2001 8:47:57 PM   
onezone

I agree - Abit mobo's and Lite-On seem to cause problems when being used together - such as drawer opening on cd rom when powering from Cold boot !, this has not happened when I put the writer into a machine with another mobo !!

I am considering getting another Mobo - any advice ?? - MUST have RAID !!!!!

any help and advice appreciated.....

OneZone

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 7
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/6/2001 10:16:37 PM   
hp00440888

I got the problem where the 24102B's tray won't stay close on my Abit KT7-RAID.

But after I upgrade my computer to Athlon XP wtih MSI KT266A Pro2-RU (with RAID), the Liteon work perfectly without any problem.

I think it is the abit mobo that has problem.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 8
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/6/2001 11:39:27 PM   
carpe17

I don't have any problem with my liteon24x on an abit ka7 (slot a athlon) You cannot generalise all abit mobos.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 9
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/7/2001 1:10:58 AM   
Mojomn7

I have had the above mentioned problems with my Abit KR7A-Raid and still no luck with with getting the 2 to work properly ...even with an Enermax 350W PSU! And the same LiteOn worked in my old rig with an ABIT VP6 perfectly! Not sure what the exact problem is...so put LiteOn back into the VP6...and ordered up the Plextor 24X for compatibility sake. Oh well, guess I'll go back to Plextor again... (I was really happy with the performance of the LiteOn too!)

--Mojomn7

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 10
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/7/2001 10:04:03 AM   
HighlandeR III

quote:

I don't have any problem with my liteon24x on an abit ka7 (slot a athlon) You cannot generalise all abit mobos.

true BUT u cant also dispute that most of the problems are 'with' abit motherboards, im also hearing the same thing concerning Western digital harddrives and Abit mobos, apparantly no Western digital harddrives work on any Abit boards !

And remember its concerning the IDE interface yet again.

My next motherboard will definatly not be an Abit board.

Im gonna give my Liteon24x writer too a mate too borrow and see if he gets the problem I get with AIO problem. If he doesnt get it... Abit will not be on my buyers list for a long time.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 11
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/8/2001 8:40:18 AM   
NotaHacker

You have to admit at least there's more information to fix it. That's what I like best about my KT7-Raid. The only thing is when you flash the MB disconnect the liteon because thats what start my problems with the liteon. But I have to say I don't have the problem which I did with not seeing the data on the just burnt cd. I think flashing the mb bios to the latest bios fixed it and I have Auto shut off. I'll let you know about the Western Digital I just bought a WD800.
Happy Burning.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 12
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/8/2001 10:52:26 AM   
Son Gokou

I got no problem with my LiteOn and my Abit BE6II:)

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 13
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/9/2001 7:35:56 AM   
valk

My KT7A is running fine with the 16102B, all with original bios and firmware under Win 98. All my problems with the Liteon have been related to a underpowered PSU (now fixed).

I sometimes think it's luck of the draw depending on your combination of O/S, RAID, drives, firmware etc

Valk

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 14
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/9/2001 12:24:27 PM   
DentyCracker

I LTR-24102B does not work with my Abit KT7. It is recognized by the bios (64) as an UATA-33 CDRW, but the light on it just blinks a lot if a CD is in the drive. You can hear it trying to spin up but it never does. I tried it as PM, PS, SM, SS with and without UDMA enabled with the same result. Weird. I have a Duron 700, SBLive, G400DH,RT8139 based NIC, ATi TV-Wonder, CNET 5614RV pci modem and two maxtor HDs, 512 MB PC133 SDRAM and a Toshiba SD-M1402 DVD in the machine. It works in my work machine, a Duron 800 running on a biostar KL133 chipset mobo with the same DVD drive and maxtor HD. It also works in my mother's K6-2 500 machine with its Via MVP3 chipset. While my AMD approved 300W PSU may be at fault I find it weird that it wirks in other machines. My friend is bringing his machine here. I am going to try it in his machine with my PSU. If it works then there is an issue with my ABIT KT7, and it shall have to be replaced.

---------------

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 15
RE: ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! - 12/9/2001 12:39:34 PM   
NotaHacker

DentyCracker
Try powering off the pc and unhooking the power and IDE cable from the liteon and reboot the pc. Then shut off the pc and reconect the liteon and you should be good to go. What you have is a know problem with the liteon.

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> ABIT and LITeON = problems - U have been warned! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI