CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Problem with Sony CRX175E   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 750 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Problem with Sony CRX175E Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Problem with Sony CRX175E - 2/12/2002 9:33:42 PM   
Kenji

I have been having troubles with the 1.1 update as well, and I cannot get it to function as I do get the "No drive present" error. Like Nock stated, I do believe that alot of people are having this problem. (sigh) it's frustrating with the current lack of support for the CRX175E. If anyone has any information regarding this update or any other updates, please feel free to post!

(in reply to Avatar1)
Post #: 33
RE: Problem with Sony CRX175E - 2/12/2002 10:27:51 PM   
treygeiger

I'm also having major problems with the Sony CRX175. My specific model is the CRX175A1. My problem is that after the burning process is nearly complete, the burner hangs when attempting to write the "lead out" data. I'm running the latest version of Nero on Windows XP. I've also tried the latest version of Roxio's software. Numerous configurations have been tried (UDMA enabled/disabled, Master/Slave, 4-in-1's installed/uninstalled) and even a complete reformat and reinstall of Windows. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know; I'd really appreciate it.

If it matters here's my system config:

Athlon XP 1900+
Abit KR7A133 (Via KT266A) Motherboard
512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 8500
Soundblaster Audigy
40GB Maxtor ATA133 Hard Drive

Thanks in advance,

Trey

(in reply to Avatar1)
Post #: 34
RE: Problem with Sony CRX175E - 2/18/2002 1:28:49 PM   
lachs99

Hey everyone!

I am not quite sure if it is still allright posting on this topic.
I have a CRX175A1 an I have trouble using it with WOC 5.0. I can record discs at 24x without any problems but only in TAO Mode. When trying to use DAO it will interrupt after a few seconds. actually this should not be a problem, unless you want to overburn a CD. with WOC 5.0 you need to select the DAO mode to enable overburning. I don't know why this is so. i have also tried to install service pack 5.01 but after installing I wasn't able to start the software anymore.
as an alternative I tried CDRWin 4.0a but it didn't even recognised the CD-RW as a recorder. any suggestions?

thx
lachs

(in reply to Avatar1)
Post #: 35
RE: Problem with Sony CRX175E - 2/23/2002 12:31:34 AM   
SucKeR

Hey guys,

I'm using a Sony CRX175A1, and using Win XP Professional. Have no problems burning using Nero, but Easy CD Creator won't recognize my burner. Does anyone know a way to let Easy CD Creator detect my writer?

Another question out of curiosity: I have a good system but the buffer falls to 5% when I burn at 24x on the fly. Wonder why...
My system specs are:

Athlon XP 1600+
256mb DDR 2100
LG 52x CDROM

Thanks in advance! =)

(in reply to Avatar1)
Post #: 36
RE: Problem with Sony CRX175E - 3/2/2002 10:50:46 PM   
Kenji

FIRMWARE SOLUTION FOR CRX175E!!
If you have been having problems with the firmware update by getting the message about not seeing any updatable drives, here's a fix for it! You're going to need a hex editor for this (I used XVI), and the current version of your firmware (for most people it is 1.0j) so if you're kinda light on the computer knoledge, get a friend to help you out with this. If you open the update executable in an editor, you should find the strings:
"SONY CD-RW CRX175E 1.1a" and "SONY CD-RW CRX175E 1.1b 786462"
near the end of the file. The "SONY CD-RW CRX175E 1.1a" is the drive version that the flasher is looking to update, the "SONY CD-RW CRX175E 1.1b" is the target bios, followed by which I believe is the size of the .bin flash file. Now, change the "1.1a" which is the version that the update is looking for, to YOUR CURRENT VERSION. For instance, if your version was "1.0j" then you would replace "1.1a" with "1.0j". Now, once you've changed that, save the file, and execute it. Your drive should now be selectable for update!! For my CRX175E, my version was "1.0g" not "1.0j" like most people's. So if it doesn't show your drive as selectable, try experimenting around if you are not sure on your current version number.It could be differnent. Remember, you are messing with the flash rom of your drive, so if you end up frying your drive with some poorly hex'd code, it's not my fault! Just be CAREFUL! Good luck!

(in reply to Avatar1)
Post #: 37
RE: Problem with Sony CRX175E - 3/3/2002 12:35:33 AM   
HeisR

I was also having problems with the flash utility saying it cannot see my drive. I then downloaded the hex editor that Kenji mentioned and proceeded to follow his instructions.

i saved it under a different filename in case it stuff up on me, but it worked and the utility can now see my drive (yet to flash though). thanks for providing the info.

(in reply to Avatar1)
Post #: 38
RE: Problem with Sony CRX175E - 3/29/2002 2:43:01 AM   
Diabolik

I have a CRX 175 A1 and the firmware for CRX175 E does`nt work.I edited the flasher ,it ejects my tray but i got "Cannot write buffer error" 4 times and then it exits.My problem is that the first time i turn on my computer the tray ejects several times.If i turn off my computer and turn it on again works fine.If anybody knows something about this ...your help is apreciated.
Thanx.

Supreme commander of nothing

(in reply to Avatar1)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Problem with Sony CRX175E Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI