CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1556 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 3:18:38 PM   
samois

Someoneoknow

If you will have any decency, perhaps you will grace me with an apology for your assertion that I was rumour creating with ill-intent, and that my comment were unfounded/unresearched.

They may not be right...
...but they did appear to come from an authoritative source.

Your assertions of expert-level knowledge Re: plextor devices (which may also be true) would appear to be your own

Why not be polite and friendly?

My post was intended to ask the question... is it safe...
I had just purchased the LiteOn and realised a new firmware was available, but that the website seemed to have warning attached

Fortunately this new revision seems fine... but I didn't want a messed up drive

D

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 17
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 5:13:47 PM   
nicki98.freeserve.co.uk

well i am still using 5s07

is there any great leaps forward with new f/w

also does the flashback still work read at liteon web that they
have stopped this

been busy else where

can sombody bring me up to speed

cheers

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 18
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 5:25:25 PM   
netman

i've used every version of firmware since 5s07. every one has seemed to be a slight improvement over the previous version. i haven't encountered any problems with any of them. i would recommend upgrading to 5s54.

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 19
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 5:41:29 PM   
Jim Middleton

Maybe you guys can take it to email and off the forum?

Jim

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 20
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 5:58:17 PM   
j00k

quote:

Maybe you guys can take it to email and off the forum?

Jim

LOL Jim, mods! Now where's that Korym...

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 21
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 9:09:35 PM   
Jim Middleton

Probably only you and I think that's funny.

Ha

Jim

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 22
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 9:24:55 PM   
samois

Jim

Hi!

A polite hello.
I was new to this place.
I had a new drive
...could see new(er) firmware

...wondered if it was a good thing?

...was aware of a Plextor issue
(which may be some bogus hype nonsense)
...but which seemed informed and relevant

I just wanted advice
I guess if I'm really honest I wanted to hear how somebody had coped with installing the new firmware

Could they go back?

D

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 23
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 9:39:34 PM   
Jim Middleton

Two ways to go back.

D/L the dos firmware update file. It will take you back easily. If you search the forum you'll find the link for the files.

There is a hack posted on this forum for the Windows update files. It stops the update *.exe file from checking which firmware you have on your cdr so it will load whichever version you are trying to load to the cd-r. It doesn't matter if the cd-r has a newer version and you are trying to load an older version.

I prefer the dos method as I'm not in favor of hacking firmware and then loading it.

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 24
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 10:46:57 PM   
someoneoknow

quote:

Someoneoknow

Your a bit headstrong and aggressive aren't you
Quick to form conclusions?

-> I don't think you should be saying that since you're the one who did it in the first place.

I fully accept that what I posted may be incorrect
It was however a researched piece of information from CD-Media World
...and was compiled by one of the alledged authorities on SD2

-> Sorry to break the news to you buddy but we don't see these "alledged" authorities making CloneCD software, now do we??!

I confess this chap's expertise exceeds mine, and I do not own a Plextor writer, but my concern over the fimware upgrade was genuine

-> I also own one of these plextors you are talking about. And who's concern isn't genuine? You just don't go around telling everyone like its a fact if its a concern!

As to drinking too much coffee it would seem that perhaps you are the fellow with too much testosterone of caffeine.

-> Really now? I think you should get your ass over to the Clone Clinic and ask Olli and we'll see about that!

-> Listen bud! I don't think many of these people want to hear anymore of your crapola! The only authorities on SD2 are the actual people who can make such programs! And they said : That that was a rumour about those old Plextors, why? Because they had alot of those plextors even before those manufactured dates and tried them which resulted to nothing.
So you go and spread your crap somewhere else you whining baby!

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 25
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 10:51:30 PM   
someoneoknow

quote:

Someoneoknow

If you will have any decency, perhaps you will grace me with an apology for your assertion that I was rumour creating with ill-intent, and that my comment were unfounded/unresearched.

-> The only apology you're getting from me is kissing my ass. First mistake was 'stating' these things like they were 'facts'. You just don't go around doing that unless you know for sure. And with the way how you wrote that little article was like you new everything for sure.

They may not be right...
...but they did appear to come from an authoritative source.

Your assertions of expert-level knowledge Re: plextor devices (which may also be true) would appear to be your own

->Those so called assertions are none of mine, but from the administrators and author of CloneCD!

Why not be polite and friendly?

->Because guys what do what you did do that intentionally to spread fear and panic, making people paranoid about things which is the most disgusting thing anyone can do.

My post was intended to ask the question... is it safe...
I had just purchased the LiteOn and realised a new firmware was available, but that the website seemed to have warning attached

Fortunately this new revision seems fine... but I didn't want a messed up drive

D

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 26
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/28/2001 10:55:52 PM   
someoneoknow

Samois, if you want to find out that information just simply ask for that information. Don't go around respreading those rumors. We've eliminated them at the Official CloneCD forum and to start it over again is a big pain.

Anyways its as OC Freak stated. Yes I have this drive too, and yes I've upgraded and it still burns sd2's etc. However its just like OC Freak stated, reads a bit slower with FES.

It works just fine. And I have no doubt that it works better with alot more of the media like OC Freak said.

quote:

Jim

Hi!

A polite hello.
I was new to this place.
I had a new drive
...could see new(er) firmware

...wondered if it was a good thing?

...was aware of a Plextor issue
(which may be some bogus hype nonsense)
...but which seemed informed and relevant

I just wanted advice
I guess if I'm really honest I wanted to hear how somebody had coped with installing the new firmware

Could they go back?

D

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 27
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/29/2001 12:43:16 AM   
burner1000000

I'm afraid that I have to agree with someoneoknow on this issue. Samois came onto to the board acting like he had "a whole lot of information" when all he had was one person's opinion in an article (and a not so well written article, as well). I was busy for about a month on the various boards trying to help stamp out this nonsensical rumor about plexs (particularly plex 24x burners) and SD2, CDs, etc. This rumor continues to pop up on the CDR boards with alarming regularity. As soon as some gullible person reads one of the old posts or some "half-baked article", it starts up again. You can find posts about plex TLAs and SD2 that are less than two days old at the present. it seems that responsible people would try to do some research before inserting their keyboard in their mouth.

Samois, I think that you are the one who owes the board and its posters an apology. It is ok to want info and ask for it, but, truthfully, anyone who reads your first post would come to the conclusion that you had a different agenda that just seeking information.

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 28
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/29/2001 1:25:39 AM   
Jim Middleton

Neither one of them owe anybody anything. When the content of posts becomes about posters instead of the relevant purpose for a forum, this one being about the Liteon CDRW, things get out of hand.

Forums are no place to decide anything about what a person is like nor what their posts indicate about them on a personal level. Doing so is pointless and causes defenses to go up, posts and threads degrade quickly.

If either of them have an issue with eachother, take it to a personal means of communication and hash it out.

Its up to both of them to get it off the forum. Not one more at fault than the other.

So lets get back to the subject and off posting about posters. How about it?

Jim

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 29
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/29/2001 2:12:11 AM   
someoneoknow

Listen here 'Jim'.
You obviously don't care about anyone else but yourself.
I however on the otherhand, as well as other sensable people care about other people misleading others into frantic panic.
I don't have a problem with anyone, however, I do have a problem with rumours. So Just stop bickering and making this look like a personal problem and say something constructive that helps this forum in the right way.

quote:

Neither one of them owe anybody anything. When the content of posts becomes about posters instead of the relevant purpose for a forum, this one being about the Liteon CDRW, things get out of hand.

Forums are no place to decide anything about what a person is like nor what their posts indicate about them on a personal level. Doing so is pointless and causes defenses to go up, posts and threads degrade quickly.

If either of them have an issue with eachother, take it to a personal means of communication and hash it out.

Its up to both of them to get it off the forum. Not one more at fault than the other.

So lets get back to the subject and off posting about posters. How about it?

Jim

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 30
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/29/2001 1:31:24 PM   
samois

Burner

OK... point taken...

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 31
RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 - 11/29/2001 3:13:21 PM   
nicki98.freeserve.co.uk

i would think that any body who has still got the plex 12x

is well aware of the subject and surly knows all there is to know

that it never ever could make a 1/1 copy of sd2

you/we will never hear the last of it as people collect info on which
writer to buy and who to trust

every time a new f/w is released on the plex and the liteon 24x

people get nervy.[even when they know that they where myths}

To the angry people out there {cast your mind back to when you where
new and green to this subject}

thought this was a forum not a boot camp lol

Edited by - nicki98.freeserve.co.uk on 11/29/2001 15:24:52

(in reply to OC-Freak)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: NEW firmware for LTR-24102B version 5S54 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI