CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1452 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 1/21/2002 2:07:43 PM   
Svietnam

quote:

Errmmm.... sorry to be so dense but, what is the advantage of having th eoption anyway? what does it help you to do? i just thought it was unfair to disable it if you live in the uk or usa!

Well the idea is to allow you to copy cd's that use/have weak sectors. Basicly weak sectors are areas of an orginal cd that a cdrw can not duplicate because of the hardware limitations of a cdrw, but by amplifying the weak sectors you may be able to write the weak sectors with a normal cdrw. This means you can now copy a cd that could not normaly be copied. It's disabled in the US/Japan because many types of cd copy protections like safedisk 2 use weak sectors as a way to prevent a person from copying a cd and I guess it's against the law to have programs that can 'defeat' these 'evil' methods. :P

Hope this helps...
Svietnam
Signing Off

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 17
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 2/16/2002 9:12:03 PM   
spruceland

Thank you all for the info. However, I also read somewhere that you can go to regional settings and enter Canada instead of the USA before installing CloneCD. Would that work?

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 18
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 2/16/2002 11:29:56 PM   
Bondiablo

Actually, that's the only option that really works, editing the registry entry for amplifyweak does not. It will appear to be checked and the box greyed out when you run CloneCD but if you watch the log entries as you're working when it gets to Amplify Weak Sectors it still says No.

quote:

Thank you all for the info. However, I also read somewhere that you can go to regional settings and enter Canada instead of the USA before installing CloneCD. Would that work?

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 19
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 3/19/2002 11:20:20 AM   
Sonny

The reason for the option being disabled is so that people can not make copies of software protected by "safedisk". It's purpode is so people can not make bootleg copies to sell or give away to friends. Unfortunetly it also makes it immpossible for those who only wish to keep there original cd in good shape from doing so (my only purpose).

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 20
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 3/19/2002 11:57:29 AM   
Sonny

Bondiablo is correct about the regedit not working. If you change the registry, it will change back.

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 21
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI