CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Plextor 16/10/40A   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1626 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Plextor 16/10/40A Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Plextor 16/10/40A - 11/18/2001 4:30:47 PM   
Zeta09

Anyone had any problems with a Plextor CD-R. I had an issue with mine since 10/14 not being able to read any CD's nor burn. Event View says I/O error and when a CD is in the drive yellow LED flashes and "Unable to read due to I/O error" message. Plextor Tech support not too helpful sent me an email with adaptec upgrades which will "help the O/S communicate with the drive better" Problem is I never installed the Plextor Manager nor the Adaptec software,so there is no registry keys to update. I just put in the drive and used Nero as the burning software and worked like a charm for 3 months. Now waiting on a RMA response and I am not crossing my fingers that I'll get one. Already had another CD-R drive and it works but I still want to find out what the issue was. Any suggestions or theories? Let me know.

What tha hell?
Post #: 1
RE: Plextor 16/10/40A - 11/26/2001 8:54:24 AM   
R00KIE

Try to change your ide cable if that does not work then try to change
the burner to other ide channel and check your bios settings if that doesn't work your drive has died !!!

(in reply to Zeta09)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Plextor 16/10/40A Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI