CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Acer Netbook Boots Android, Windows XP.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 660 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Acer Netbook Boots Android, Windows XP. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Acer Netbook Boots Android, Windows XP. - 10/16/2009 6:34:50 AM   
astra

In an innovative twist on the netbook, Acer on Thursday launched the Aspire One AOD250, an Atom-powered netbook that can boot either into Windows XP Home or the Google Android operating system.

Priced at $349.99, the AOD250 is available now at major retailers and comes with a one-year warranty, Acer said.

Obviously, the key feature of the AOD250 is the ability to boot either OS; booting Android provides what Acer called "instant-on" functionality. (In my experience with the Android-powered MyTouch 3G phone, booting the Android phone requires about 15 to 20 seconds.)

Otherwise, the AOD250 contains many standard features, including a 1.66-GHz Atom N280 processor, Intel's 950 integrated graphics, and a 10.1-inch LED-lit LCD display. Inside the machine are a gigabyte of DDR2 memory and a 160-Gbyte, 5,400-RPM rotating disk drive. The netbook also ships with the standard complement of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a card reader, and a webcam. The touchpad supports "multi gestures," however. A 6-cell (5,800 mAh) battery is included.

The AOD250 ships in these four colors: Ruby Red, Diamond Black, Sapphire Blue and Seashell White.

http://www.pcmag.com/

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Acer Netbook Boots Android, Windows XP. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI