CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Sony plans to sell a new version of PS3 for the holidays.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 448 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Sony plans to sell a new version of PS3 for the holidays. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sony plans to sell a new version of PS3 for the holidays. - 10/16/2009 6:24:26 AM   
astra

The upgraded PlayStation 3 will have 250 gigabytes of storage and a $350 price tag, up from 120 gigabytes and $300 for the current model.

Sony Corp. plans to start selling a more-expensive version of the PlayStation 3 for the holiday season, offering increased storage capacity for downloaded games, movies and television shows.

The 250-gigabyte PS3 will be available for $350 starting Nov. 3, Sony Computer Entertainment America said Thursday in a statement. The current version has 120 gigabytes and sells for $300. Tokyo-based Sony cut the price from $400 in August.

The added storage will give the PS3 more room for storing games and other entertainment purchased through Sony's online PlayStation Network.

The system competes with Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox Live, a subscription service that offers movies from Netflix Inc. and is expected to add Facebook and Twitter applications later this year.

The PS3 trails Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo Co.'s Wii in sales. Sony has sold more than 24 million PS3s worldwide since the product's introduction, according to the company. Kyoto-based Nintendo leads with sales of 52.6 million Wii consoles through June, according to company reports, while Microsoft has sold more than 30 million Xbox 360s, according to filings.

http://news.google.com/?ned=us&topic=t

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Sony plans to sell a new version of PS3 for the holidays. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI