CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New $73 Chinese netbook.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1511 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> New $73 Chinese netbook. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New $73 Chinese netbook. - 10/13/2009 8:18:35 AM   
astra

We have another Macbook Air look-alike here. This 7-inch netbook from Shenzhen based Sungworld is targeted at the oversea market and its factory price is only 500 Yuan (about $73 in USA dollars). This netbook is powered by a 300MHZ VIA VT8500 processor, sporting a 7-inch 800×480 display, 128M RAMS, and 1GB storage. Connectivity is taken care of by the WI-FI. The built-in 1800mAH Battery should give an average life. It comes with Windows CE OS, with dimensions of 23.5*16.5*28.4mm, and weight of 700g.

Till now Lanyu is known for the world's cheapest netbook. This netbook, called the eBook LY-EB01, is powered by a 266MHz ARM AK7802Q216 processor which consumes low power and is less expensive than the Intel Atom processor (this somehow justifies the lower price tag). The netbook has a 7-inch (800×480 resolution) TFT LCD display which runs WinCE 5.0 operating system. The eBook LY-EB01 netbook has 128MB of RAM. This one costs equivalent of $98.

Shenzhen (China), known for producing cloned devices, is once again in the spotlight. Every now and then, a popular model has been cloned by these Chinese manufacturers. Although they give the look and feel of the original up to an extent, but nowhere near in quality and specifications. Rest, the decision lies on the consumer.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/News.152.0.html

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> New $73 Chinese netbook. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI