CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Toshiba's next-generation Cell Regza TV launches.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1206 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Toshiba's next-generation Cell Regza TV launches. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Toshiba's next-generation Cell Regza TV launches. - 10/6/2009 3:54:05 AM   
astra

Long-rumoured and talked about, Toshiba's next-generation Cell Regza TV has finally got an official launch and a shelf date - December 2009 if you happen to be in Japan with the best part of £7,000 to spare.

That's some price tag - and for such a high ticket, Toshiba needs to deliver something special. You know what? We think it has. The kind of TV that kicks sand in the face of today's also-rans, the Cell Regza 55X1, powered by Tosh's new Cell technology, offers up 55-inches of LED backlit screen with 512 distinct areas of controlled lighting, a whopping 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio and an engine with an arithmetic processing capability approximately 143 times that of the current top-of-the-line Regza TV. Impressed?

Well, there's even more. Also packed into that slimline frame is a 3TB hard drive and a 'time shift machine' which can simultaneously record up to approximately 26 hours of programming from up to eight channels. A flick of the remote and you can access any of the shows instantly or you can access the endless recordings via a keyword search. Talking of searching, you can access YouTube directly from the set, as well as doing wider browsing via the built-in Opera browser and DLNA connectivity.

All of which comes in at that seriously high £7,000 equivalent in Japan. But don't despair, Toshiba is said to have other smaller versions on the horizon, specifically, 37 and 42-inch models. A 3D model? You'd better believe it, along with a 4K2K model which upconverts 1080p to 3840 x 2160 resolution. The latter are unlikely to be seen for sometime, but the 55-inch Cell Regza TV just might make it over the UK in the first half of 2010.

http://www.t3.com/
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Toshiba's next-generation Cell Regza TV launches. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI