CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Intel and TransGaming announce GameTree.tv.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1537 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Intel and TransGaming announce GameTree.tv. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intel and TransGaming announce GameTree.tv. - 9/30/2009 2:50:34 PM   
astra

Intel has entered into a partnership with TransGaming to launch GameTree.tv, which will bring on-demand gaming to HDTVs.

The service, which will launch in sping 2010, will use Intel CE Media Processors to deliver on-demand games via internet-connected set top boxes and consumer electronic devices.

Customers will have access to a library of games, which they will be able to purchase or rent, or pay a monthly subscription.

Intel is investing $500,000 in the partnership, which will compete against rival cloud-gaming services such as OnLive.

Users of OnLive can play demanding games on PCs with a low spec, or even netbooks, which could be bad news for makers of expensive games consoles.

OnLive is in the beta testing stage in the US, but is expected to hit Europe and the UK before too long.

http://www.hdtv-news.co.uk/hdtv/news/

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Intel and TransGaming announce GameTree.tv. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI