CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

TomTom for iPhone details.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1208 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> TomTom for iPhone details. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TomTom for iPhone details. - 7/9/2009 8:45:28 AM   
astra

If you've been following the news for iPhone GPS Apps then you already know about TomTom iPhone GPS navigation app. It was announced when iPhone 3GS was announced but since then we haven't heard anything new about TomTom's plans.

People at Macworld had a chance to interview VP of Marketing Development for TomTom and cleared out some questions we had about TomTom's iPhone GPS navigation solution.

What's unique about TomTom is that their iPhone GPS navigation solution is two parts. The actual iPhone app and the car kit. You should note that the car kit part is completely optional and you can get directions and everything without it. However the car kit really enhances your navigation experiences and turn your iPhone into a true standalone GPS navigation system.

As we mentioned when it first came out the car kit will include its own GPS receiver for better reception. That's one. Plus it will have its own speakers so you don't have to rely on wimpy iPhone speakers. That's two. It'll charge your iPhone and it will also mount it on your windshield. That's three and four. Oh and a couple more things: You can use the available audio out to listen to your music and directions from your car stereo (your car has aux-in right?) and the microphone to use it as a handsfree kit. That's a lot of little helpful things packed into one car kit!

Another nice feature is that your iPhone's contact list will be available from the TomTom app interface so you'll be able to navigate to that person's address quickly without having to copy paste the address details.

http://www.gpsnews.org/

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> TomTom for iPhone details. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI