CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Twitter makes it into dictionary.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1282 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Twitter makes it into dictionary. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Twitter makes it into dictionary. - 7/6/2009 8:21:24 AM   
astra

If you want to get some attention for your product, the mention of the word 'Twitter' is always a good place to start. Something not lost on the Collins English Dictionary, which offers two variations for its 30th edition, due to appear on the shelves later this year.

It appears as both a noun and a verb, being as it is both a product and a pastime - 'I use Twitter' or 'I will Twitter this afternoon' for example. Or if you want the actual definition, it is listed as 'a website where people can post short messages about their current activities' or under verb as 'to write short messages on the Twitter website'. If that's not enough Twitter action for you, Collins even lists the word 'Twitterati' too, referring to users of the website, along with the much lesser-used 'Twitterverse', which defines the website and its users.

Elaine Higgleton, Collins editorial director, said: 'Hardly a day goes by when you don't see some Twitter-related article. Hence I find it entirely unsurprising that this year we have not one Twitter-related entry in the dictionary, but three.' Although whether the word will still be listed when the 31st edition comes out is very much open to question. Let's just say we have our doubts.

http://www.t3.com/

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Twitter makes it into dictionary. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI