CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New Motherboard/CPU issues, bad HDD?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 980 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> New Motherboard/CPU issues, bad HDD? Page: [1]
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Motherboard/CPU issues, bad HDD? - 7/1/2009 11:38:35 PM   

Hi, I switch my old MB and CPU for new ones. On start up it would tell me to pick:Windows XP Pro or Debug mode. Then next it asks window xp, last known working, safe mode, etc. No matter what I pick, a loading bar appears at bottom, loads 1/3 of bar then restarts. I figured cause of the new hardware so I did a Repair Install on XP. First time it froze at the saving configuration part, I restarted and then it was able to get past that on the second try for the repair. After it restarted to boot windows XP, I wait for the part to hit no key and wait for it to boot xp. What it does is go blank, show a loading bar at the bottom, loads half way then reboots again. I repair again and it does the same thing. I can't get to the part to boot xp to finish the install repair to go through windows install.

Am I missing something?
I did a recovery console check disk and it did find some errors, idk what those are or how to find out what they are...

Worst come to worse, I need to either back up the drive or just buy another internal hdd and install windows on the new hdd then switch stuff over?

“Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.”
“Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement rings , wedding rings and sufferings.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> New Motherboard/CPU issues, bad HDD? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI