CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft discounts Windows 7 Home Premium to $50; deal to last two weeks.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1375 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft discounts Windows 7 Home Premium to $50; deal to last two weeks. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft discounts Windows 7 Home Premium to $50; deal... - 6/26/2009 5:56:34 AM   
astra

For two weeks starting Friday, Microsoft will pre-sell Windows 7 upgrades for as little as $50.

"As a way of saying thanks to our loyal Windows customers, we are excited to introduce a special limited time offer," Microsoft spokesman Brandon LeBlanc said in an entry to a company blog early Thursday.

Microsoft offered a similar deal prior to the launch of Windows Vista three years ago.

"For customers in the U.S., Canada and Japan, starting tomorrow on June 26, they will be able to pre-order a copy of Windows 7 for delivery on October 22 of either Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional," said Brad Brooks, vice president for Windows consumer marketing, in a video interview posted alongside LeBlanc's blog post. "[For] Home Premium in the U.S., pricing will be $49.99, and the Professional version will be $99.99."

Those figures represent a reduction of between 50% and 58% from the standard list prices for the upgrade editions of Windows 7 Home Premium and Professional. Orders can be placed with participating retailers, such as Best Buy and Amazon.com, or at Microsoft's own online store.

The pre-order discount prices are valid from June 26 through July 11 in the U.S. and Canada, but end July 5 in Japan. Customers in the U.K., France and Germany will be offered similar pre-order discounts starting July 15, said LeBlanc.

Microsoft's pre-order discount was not a surprise. Several weeks ago, a leaked memo from retailer Best Buy had disclosed the limited-time pricing plan.

Microsoft also revealed list prices for Windows 7 today, cutting the price of only one of the three retail editions, even though consumers face tough economic times.

"We are reducing the [list] price of our most popular retail product for customers, the Home Premium Upgrade, by approximately 10%, depending on the market," said LeBlanc. Those prices will be in effect Oct. 22, when retailers start selling the new operating system, and computer makers begin selling Windows 7-equipped PCs.
More reading:

http://www.computerworld.com/

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft discounts Windows 7 Home Premium to $50; deal to last two weeks. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI