CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Gumblar: Biggest Threat on the Web Today?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1209 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Gumblar: Biggest Threat on the Web Today? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gumblar: Biggest Threat on the Web Today? - 5/20/2009 6:29:54 AM   
astra

A new trojan has grown quickly, and experts aren't mincing words in describing the danger.

A new worm is propagating across the Web, and a growing chorus security experts are warning that the Gumblar worm might be the biggest danger now facing the Net.

US-CERT yesterday issued an alert that the worm is propagating, joining warnings from other Internet security watchers like Sophos' Graham Cluley, who last week blogged that his company's figures indicate that the malware is currently the Web's dominant threat.

Last Wednesday, Sophos researcher Onur Komili reported that Gumblar, also known as Troj/JSRedir-R, had roared to the No. 1 spot among the Web's most common infections -- noting that it's six times more prevalent than the next closest threat, at around 42 percent of all of Sophos' detections.

The Gumblar attack compromises Web sites through the use of stolen FTP credentials, which is one of the targets of the legendary Sinowal Trojan. The compromised sites then infect users by means of a drive-by download attack that infects via unpatched Adobe PDF and Flash Player vulnerabilities.
More reading:

http://www.internetnews.com/security/article.php/3821151/Gumblar+Biggest+Threat+on+the+Web+Today.htm

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Gumblar: Biggest Threat on the Web Today? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI