CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Honda Research working on a 3D CPU to support brain-like computer functions   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1409 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Honda Research working on a 3D CPU to support brain-like computer functions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Honda Research working on a 3D CPU to support brain-lik... - 4/1/2009 11:54:56 AM   
astra

"The architecture of the brain is completely different from current computer systems. The ultimate brain-like computer will appear most likely with very specialized hardware. We will clearly build and explain its architecture by developing hypothetical brain models in parallel to creating potential hardware. We will then evaluate its interactive intelligence in a real world situation.

Brain-Machine Interface (BMI) – BMI is a new interface concept utilizing brain activities to control machines. To understand BMI, we will focus on the non-invasive measurement and decoding of natural brain activities that accompanies human states such as recognition, emotion, intention and motion. The anticipated results will provide fundamental novel man-machine communication technologies and novel algorithms for brain-like computing.

Human-Robot Interaction – Despite recent technological development of intelligent robots in areas such as speech, image, environmental understanding and behavior control, we are still far from building robots that can naturally, robustly, and adaptively interact with humans in real world situations. We are pursuing a novel intelligence model that will integrate individual technologies and learning techniques to achieve such human-robot interactions."

http://www.itmweb.com/cgi-bin/blog/weblog.pl

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Honda Research working on a 3D CPU to support brain-like computer functions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI