CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Xbox 360 Elite May Get Phased Out   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 712 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Xbox 360 Elite May Get Phased Out Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Xbox 360 Elite May Get Phased Out - 3/10/2009 11:57:27 AM   
NIKDEL

Rumors that Microsoft may be phasing out the Xbox 360 Elite console may be true depending on how Resident Evil 5 Elite sales go, according to Fudzilla resources.

Fudzilla's behind the scenes contacts have revealed a unique strategy for the high profile Elite edition, where retail orders of the Elite would cease in the second quarter of 2009 in order to allow remaining inventory to deplete.  Once on hand inventory is eliminated, Microsoft would then consider phasing in a new limited edition version of the Elite, with exclusive distribution at select retailers. According to the source, the primary reason for the elimination of the Arcade, Pro, and Elite business strategy is the economy.  The Elite edition currently demanding a significant premium in price over the other versions.  The Xbox 360 Arcade is priced at $199.99, the Pro at $299.99, and the Elite at $399.99.  The main difference between the Pro and the Elite edition is the color scheme of the console and controller, and a 120 GB hard drive.  As reported by Fudzilla, Xbox 360 Elite consoles sit on the shelves significantly longer than the Arcade and Pro editions.  With the Xbox 360 receiving significant upgrades in heat management, die size, and DVD drives, older Elite consoles tend to offer less value over the other versions the longer they sit.  Official responses on the matter are expected within the coming weeks.  
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Xbox-360-Elite-Phased-Out,news-30561.html

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Xbox 360 Elite May Get Phased Out Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI