CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Western Digital TV HD Media Player   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1353 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Western Digital TV HD Media Player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Western Digital TV HD Media Player - 2/9/2009 12:40:28 PM   
icube001

You could think of it as a DVD player without the optical DVD drive and a home theater PC without the full functionality of a computer. It really is just that - it doesn't come with any internal storage and sadly no Ethernet networking support, but it does include two hi-speed USB 2.0 ports, which allows you to hook up two external hard drives or USB flash drives which use a FAT32, NTFS or HFS+ (no journaling) file system.

The WD TV allows you to view photos, listen to music and watch movies on your TV. We have seen several devices like in this part, but none as good as this one. As for photos, WD TV supports JPEG, GIF, TIF/TIFF, BMP and PNG file formats. As for music, it supports MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV/PCM/LPCM, AAC, FLAC, Dolby Digital, AIF/AIFF and MKA file formats. As for movies, it supports MPEG1/2/4, WMV9, AVI (MPEG4, Xvid, AVC), H.264, MKV, MOV (MPEG4, H.264),MTS, TP and TS file formats. You will need to update your WD TV firmware to version 1.01 for all of these formats to be supported. Ours came already updated, so you may or may not need to depending on how long yours has been sitting around in the warehouse.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1742/western_digital_s_wd_tv_hd_media_player_video_review/index.html

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Western Digital TV HD Media Player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI