CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

YouTube Goes Widescreen   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1187 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> YouTube Goes Widescreen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
YouTube Goes Widescreen - 11/26/2008 5:20:42 PM   
icube001

YouTube expanded the size of its screen on Tuesday, adopting a widescreen format.

The Google-owned video-sharing site, which has also been experimenting recently with high-definition video, announced the change to a widescreen format in a posting on the YouTube blog.

"Over the years we've heard a lot of feedback from you about what you'd like to change about YouTube, and the size of our video player is always top of mind," YouTube said.

"We're expanding the width of the page to 960 pixels to better reflect the quality of the videos you create and the screens that you use to watch them," it added.

YouTube also recently announced that advertisers would be able to "sponsor" videos and bid on key words people use for searches on the site.

YouTube also staged a "live" concert over the weekend and announced earlier this month that it would host some full-length television shows and films from famed Hollywood studio Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> YouTube Goes Widescreen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI