CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Intel, Micron Move into Mass Production with 34nm NAND Flash   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1263 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Intel, Micron Move into Mass Production with 34nm NAND Flash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intel, Micron Move into Mass Production with 34nm NAND ... - 11/24/2008 2:44:30 PM   
icube001

Intel and Micron today announced mass production of their jointly developed 34nm, 32 gigabit multi-level cell (MLC) NAND flash memory device.

Developed and manufactured by the companies? NAND flash joint venture, IM Flash Technologies (IMFT), the process technology is the most advanced process available on the market and enables the industry?s only monolithic 32 Gb NAND chip that fits into a standard 48-lead thin small-outline package (TSOP). The companies are ahead of schedule with 34nm NAND production, expecting their Lehi facility to have transitioned more than 50 percent of its capacity to 34nm by year?s end.

The 34nm, 32 Gb chips are manufactured on 300 mm wafers. Measuring just 172mm², less than the size of a thumbnail, the 34nm, 32 Gb chip will enable high-density solid-state storage in small form factor applications including digital cameras, personal music players and digital camcorders. Additionally, the chip will enable more cost-effective solid-state drives, increasing their current storage capacity.

The companies also plan to begin sampling lower density multi-level cell (MLC) and single-level cell (SLC) products using the 34nm process technology in early 2009.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Intel, Micron Move into Mass Production with 34nm NAND Flash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI