CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

HP PCs to Come With Microsoft's Live Search   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 991 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> HP PCs to Come With Microsoft's Live Search Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HP PCs to Come With Microsoft's Live Search - 6/3/2008 1:31:05 PM   
icube001

Microsoft struck a deal with the world's largest personal computer maker, Hewlett-Packard Co , to place a toolbar on new PCs that leads to its Live Search engine, the companies said on Monday.

The deal is Microsoft's latest attempt to chip away at the dominance of search leader Google. The agreement, which takes effect next January for new PCs in the United States and Canada, displaces a similar one HP has with Yahoo.

Under the agreement, Microsoft's search engine will also be the default service on the Internet Explorer browser preloaded on new HP computers.

Microsoft did not disclose the terms of the agreement.

"This is the most significant distribution deal for Live Search that Microsoft has ever done," said Kevin Johnson, president of Microsoft's platform and services division.

Number-two PC maker Dell and Google have an agreement to preinstall Web and desktop search software on Dell's consumer computers. It expires in 2009.

Dell has not decided if it will continue with Google after the current deal expires, but said it was "open to alternative" partnerships.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> HP PCs to Come With Microsoft's Live Search Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI