CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to erase this "CDRW disc"   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1322 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> How to erase this "CDRW disc" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to erase this "CDRW disc" - 11/10/2001 6:04:46 PM   
ckl1998

I had been using SONY CDRW(4X-10X) disc for months.
Until recently I used it to clone my vcd, it became unreadable in both of my cdrom and cdrw drives. Same thing happened as I took he disc to my friend's pc.
It must be something wrong in the cloning process. I tried to erase that cdrw disc, the programs(Nero, EasyCD, CloneCD and CDRWin) didn't allow me to do that. They can't recognise the disc and reported there are no media in the drive.
Any solution to this?

Post #: 1
RE: How to erase this "CDRW disc" - 12/2/2001 10:53:37 AM   
R00KIE

If the burner can't detect the disc it can't erase it it's simple isn't it?!
i sugest you try several diferent recorders to see if any of them can detect the disc, if it can erase the disc and it should work fine again, if not that disc has become useless.
you might have damaged that during the burn process (program/windows crash) or the burner doesn't like that type of discs anymore (only if you've done a firmware upgrade) if that's the case downgrade you firmware and try again

(in reply to ckl1998)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> How to erase this "CDRW disc" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI