CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Windows 7 Coming 'in the next year or so'   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1095 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Windows 7 Coming 'in the next year or so' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 7 Coming 'in the next year or so' - 4/7/2008 7:14:43 PM   
cadoo

Microsoft's Bill Gates said on Friday he expects the latest Windows operating system, code-named Windows 7, to be released "sometime in the next year or so".

The software giant has been aiming to issue more regular updates of the operating system software that powers the majority of the world's PCs. Nevertheless, Gates' comments suggest a successor to Vista might be released sooner than was generally expected.

"That'll be sometime in the next year or so that we'll have a new version," Gates said.

Microsoft has said it expects to release a new version of Windows approximately three years after the introduction of Vista in January 2007. A company spokeswoman said Gates' comments are in line with a development cycle that usually releases a test version of the software before its official introduction.

Gates also said new versions of Windows would help revolutionise mobile phones and run the desk of the future, which would have a touch surface display allowing users to call up items using their hands.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 7 Coming 'in the next year or so' - 4/7/2008 9:34:32 PM   
MP3Mogul

LOL, Vista isn't even worth upgrading to as it is, yet they want another version.  It's all about nothing but MONEY.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to cadoo)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Windows 7 Coming 'in the next year or so' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI