CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Ziff Davis Media Files for Bankruptcy   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1289 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Ziff Davis Media Files for Bankruptcy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ziff Davis Media Files for Bankruptcy - 3/7/2008 3:59:41 PM   
icube001

Ziff Davis Media Inc., publisher of technology and video game magazines, filed for bankruptcy on Wednesday and cited a decrease in revenue from print advertising and subscriptions as contributing to its decline.

But the company said it expected to reorganize quickly and exit court protection by midsummer.

New York-based Ziff Davis said in a court filing that it had about $500 million in liabilities and $313 million worth of assets, as of the end of December. It filed for Chapter 11 protection to restructure debt that had become burdensome.

The company is the publisher of PC Magazine and Electronic Gaming Monthly and Web versions of those magazines.

Ziff Davis reached an agreement with senior creditors, to whom it owes $225 million. Under the deal, the senior creditors will be owed $57.5 million and at least 88.8 percent of the common stock in the company once it emerges.

The company was unable to reach an agreement with more junior creditors, and is looking to use the court process to resolve that. Another 11.2 percent of the reorganized company's stock is available for distribution to those debt holders under the company's current proposal, but those creditors are likely to seek more equity in court.

Creditors have set aside $24.5 million to fund the company's operations during the case and after it concludes. The company's filing states there are between 1,000 to 5,000 creditors.

The case has been assigned to Judge Burton Lifland in the federal bankruptcy court in the Southern District of New York.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Ziff Davis Media Files for Bankruptcy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI