CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

WMP trouble   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 613 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> WMP trouble Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WMP trouble - 2/11/2008 1:44:15 AM   
killalot57

Hello, I have another problem "what else is new", Windows Media player, and my other "media players" have only been displaying videos in black and white, I've gone through hundreds of codecs, and fiddled around with dozens of preferences, and I can't seem to find the problem, so I'm seeking help from the masters, any suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: WMP trouble - 2/11/2008 7:23:03 AM   
SithTracy

Try uninstalling your video drivers and downloading and installing the latest for your video card.

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 2
RE: WMP trouble - 2/12/2008 12:55:20 AM   
killalot57

Why didn't I think of that?!?! Okay, I'll do that even though I don't know how, If I really can't figure it out then I ask for help tomorrow or in a few days.
"this is my favorite type of help because I understand it and I might learn something doing it"

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: WMP trouble - 2/12/2008 2:33:33 AM   
killalot57

Okay, heres a big update first of all i figured out the exact thing to download, its at

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.21_whql.html

But there is a problem, as far as uninstalling my video driver before I install the thingy, all I found in the control panel was to uninstall all of my NVIDIA drivers at once, not just the video ones. So Heres a list of all my programs, I made a pic at this link...

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x206/Killalot57/Untitled-1.jpg

do you see anything that I should remove?

It may not be necessary to uninstall anything, because i installed it anyway and everything works fine with a few exception....

Okay I can't play avi or mpeg files, I already had this problem i  just  hadn't mentioned it. Hope thats not a bad thing.... Anway, whenever i try to play an .avi, or .mpeg file it just says "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help." Also in case it's important i notice it says aquiring codec, then codec aquired in the bottom left hand corner before the message pops up.

< Message edited by killalot57 -- 2/12/2008 2:35:52 AM >
Post #: 4
RE: WMP trouble - 2/12/2008 7:00:14 AM   
SithTracy

Just un-install the video drivers from the nVidia panel (the rest should remain)... After you uninstall, you'll have to reboot.  Then you can install the latest drivers.  As far as your software, if you are not using Packet writing, I would get rid of the PC cancer known as InCD.

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 5
RE: WMP trouble - 2/12/2008 7:01:31 AM   
killalot57

Okee dokee

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> WMP trouble Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages