CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVDs burned in Samsung DVD Writer only possible to watch in some DVD Player   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 355 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> DVDs burned in Samsung DVD Writer only possible to watch in some DVD Player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVDs burned in Samsung DVD Writer only possible to watc... - 12/28/2007 6:36:09 AM   
jorgepe

Dear friends :

I have a DVD Writer SAMSUNG DL DVD+-R/RW WRITER - MODEL : TS-H552B/WRBH that functions very well from one year ago.

The problem I have, is that I can watch the DVDs recorded by this Writer only in some DVD Players Panasonic and others type, like those of low cost. In others players like Pioneers, Sony, etc. I receive the message "No Disc". Friends of mine, who burn with others writers (and may be with other software), make DVDs that can be watched in all DVD players.

As I have a DVD Player Panasonic S29, at present I have not problem but can not burn DVD for others. Also, it could be a big problem for me in the future, is I have to buy a new player of different brand.

With the different software I used to burn, have the same problem. They are :
- IntervideoDVD Copy 2
- DVD Decrypter
- DVD Shrink

I don´t know where is the problem and how to fix.

¿ Can you help me ?

I really would appreciate very much your help

Jorgepe
Argentina
Post #: 1
RE: DVDs burned in Samsung DVD Writer only possible to ... - 12/28/2007 6:57:50 AM   
SithTracy

What brand of media are you burning to and at what speed?  Do you have a drive that you can do a quality scan with (Nero CDSpeed...and a BenQ DW1640 or LITE-ON model)?  I suspect high jitter but not 100% sure.  Also could be the media.  I suggest Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

(in reply to jorgepe)
Post #: 2
RE: DVDs burned in Samsung DVD Writer only possible to ... - 12/28/2007 10:09:26 AM   
jorgepe

Thanks SithTracy for your quick answer.

The DVD brand I use is Verbatim.

As per your suggestion I made an scan with Nero CD-DVD Speed as follows :

- Transference Speed 4X CLV (4.01 X average)

Other : when I burned with the software Intervideo DVD Copy 2, I have not the option to choose the record speed and I don´t know which is. May be it is the maximun . I think to make some tests burning with DVD Decrypter at minimum speed. ¿ Do you think the speed could be the problem ?

Thanks again

Jorgepe

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: DVDs burned in Samsung DVD Writer only possible to ... - 12/28/2007 11:25:01 AM   
SithTracy

What speed is your verbatim media rated at... is it DVD+R or -R media?  Can you get the media ID?  

(in reply to jorgepe)
Post #: 4
RE: DVDs burned in Samsung DVD Writer only possible to ... - 12/28/2007 12:23:40 PM   
jorgepe

It is : DVD - R 
       Speeds 4.0 X - 2.0 X

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: DVDs burned in Samsung DVD Writer only possible to ... - 12/28/2007 1:49:18 PM   
SithTracy

I would not burn it faster than 4x... What is your drive trying to burn it at?  Instead of burning with DVDDecrypter, download and try ImgBurn and set the burn speed to 4x...

(in reply to jorgepe)
Post #: 6
RE: DVDs burned in Samsung DVD Writer only possible to ... - 12/29/2007 9:08:18 AM   
jorgepe

Ok. Thank you. I´m going to do as you suggest.

Happy New Year

Jorge

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> DVDs burned in Samsung DVD Writer only possible to watch in some DVD Player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI