CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 16102b hell   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 836 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: 16102b hell Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 16102b hell - 11/9/2001 6:31:21 AM   
scyphe

I just downloaded and installed the new firmware that just got released. No change :(

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 17
RE: 16102b hell - 11/9/2001 10:44:11 AM   
scyphe

Just another addendum:

I tried the trick with shorting those two pins, booted up the OS, shut down and removed the jumper, and booted up again.

I still can't read a single CD, but I can burn CD's successfully in 16x burn-proof mode.

This leads me to conclude that the reading mechanism/laser is broken, probably in production. So I'm sending my drive back for a replacement, and if I get another bum recorder I'll bomb LiteOn.

And check if your faulty drives are manufactured in Aug 2001 or somewhere around that. May be a certain production run that's faulty.

/Scyphe

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 18
RE: 16102b hell - 11/12/2001 1:11:44 PM   
Stick

This is now seriously bugging me now.
I just put my old Yamaha drive in same problem it seems once this problem starts it does not matter which drive you use. Are you all using the Via chipset drivers?? And yes my drive is an August one.
Somehow the drive is corrupting windows i think.
I am now going to reload windows again and first use the Yamaha drive to see what happens.

Heres a thought did everyone with this problem flash there drive.
Is it possible the flash utility is screwing XP up??(Wild Stab in the dark)

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 19
RE: 16102b hell - 11/12/2001 2:36:11 PM   
scyphe

Yes, I flashed it after encountering the problem. I do NOT have the VIA chipset, I'm using a M/B with 440BX chipset.

It's still weird that I can burn without any problem, but I can't read a single CD, whether it's an Audio CD, original game or a burnt CD. It just spits it out, unless it's a burned cd, then it tells me the cd is either empty or corrupt.

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 20
RE: 16102b hell - 11/12/2001 3:37:49 PM   
Stick

EUREKA
Solved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right this may seem a bit long winded but here goes.
1)Remove Burning Software.
2)Power PC Down.
3)Short the two bottom left jumpers out like some other person suggested.
4)Power up your PC.
5)Remove CDR from Device Manager.
6)Power down
7)Remove Jumper.
8)Switch on and let XP redetect your drive.
9)Reinstal your software.
I really think it is those bloody flash things causing this.
Well i hope this helps you lot.
If stuck send me a mail.

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 21
RE: 16102b hell - 11/12/2001 4:48:48 PM   
l3chvck

Ok, nice, i will try it in a few minutes...a bit mystical, but why not.

Could you now try a burning simulation with BURN PROOF disabled ?
That always resulted in a BUFFER UNDERRUN error with XP, in addition with the problem of the burning process ending you described below.

I hope your trick will solve our problem !

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 22
RE: 16102b hell - 11/12/2001 5:31:59 PM   
l3chvck

Good work Man !

All my problems seems to have gone away now !

I just like to add, that people with old firmware should upgrade to a newer one ! My buffer underrun errors in burn proof disabled mode with Win XP vanished in the same time i upgraded from OS05 to OS0E

I don't know if all steps of your solution where needed, but i admit it works.

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 23
RE: 16102b hell - 11/13/2001 9:19:54 AM   
scyphe

For those that still can't read CD's after doing all the tricks described on the board:

I got a mail from LiteOn Tech Support telling me to return the drive for a replacement since it's a faulty component in the read controller. :(

Oh well.

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 24
RE: 16102b hell - 11/14/2001 7:04:20 AM   
DONKY

I INSTALLED MY WRITER (LTR-16102B) TWO DAYS AGO AND HAVE MANAGED TO BURN DELTAFORCE 3 (SDv2)PROTECTED USING THE LATEST ver OF CLONECD WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS,I AM RUNNING ON WINDOWS Me.IT`S NOT MUCH HELP I KNOW BUT IT MIGHT BE WORTH LOOKING INTO..?

SEE YA,
DONKY.

DONKY

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 25
RE: 16102b hell - 11/14/2001 11:09:54 AM   
overburn

dammm.. a faulty drive :(, not goood.. so is there a UK Liteon headquarters that the drive can be returned too or does it have to be the company I purchased it from.. dont really want another faulty drive if I send it back to where i bought it :(.

And scyphe.. all I can do is burn cds, and once burned I have to reboot the pc just to get the cd to eject :(, pain in arse!!!! oh well..

thanks for the info scyphe

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 26
RE: 16102b hell - 11/14/2001 1:20:24 PM   
TNTrulez

Wow so you guys do have the same problems. I have the same problem too. I'll try the shorting the jumper trick to see if it works. If not hopefully I can return the drive for a new one. My liteon reads written discs fine but it refuses to burn any discs that I put into it. Hmm. . .

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 27
RE: 16102b hell - 11/15/2001 3:38:16 AM   
TNTrulez

"EUREKA
Solved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right this may seem a bit long winded but here goes.
1)Remove Burning Software.
2)Power PC Down.
3)Short the two bottom left jumpers out like some other person suggested.
4)Power up your PC.
5)Remove CDR from Device Manager.
6)Power down
7)Remove Jumper.
8)Switch on and let XP redetect your drive.
9)Reinstal your software.
I really think it is those bloody flash things causing this.
Well i hope this helps you lot.
If stuck send me a mail."

Did it for me. Great job.

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 28
RE: 16102b hell - 11/15/2001 3:24:24 PM   
TNTrulez

And then again, I plugged in my DVD rom as a slave. The Liteon failed on me again. POS. I'm tired of this. It's going to get RMAed sometimes this week.

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 29
RE: 16102b hell - 11/17/2001 1:03:23 AM   
GezusK

Just to post my experience.

I have the LTR-16102B, dated August 2001, with OS0B firmware. Running on an Asus A7V133, thats a Via KT133a chipset, using WinXP, with all the updates. I've burned several CDs in Nero, and have had no problems reading CDs. Everything is working great.

BUT, I just recently flashed the firmware to OS0F, and now Nero reports my max recording speed as 8x. That's my problem.

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 30
RE: 16102b hell - 12/11/2001 3:58:17 AM   
ClintDK

Hmmm.... I have the same problems as scyphe! Meaning my CD-R won't accept any CD's other than writeable ones. Furthermore the writeable/recorded CD's can't be read in the CD-R itself. If I try another drive - no problem.

However I have difficulties believing that it's the fault of a broken reading mechanism/laser. I've only had the drive for a few days - and it worked fine the first day. Then I upgraded the firmware to the latest one (I know - If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it)... My problems appeared after this "upgrade".

Now I desperately want to downgrade to my earlier firmware, but I can't find it anywhere? LiteOn only has the lastest version available!?!

I still need to try the "pin-shorting-sollution", but I have higher hopes for a firmware downgrade!

Regards
ClintDK

* no buggin' signature on my profile... I hate signatures *

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 31
RE: 16102b hell - 12/13/2001 2:51:59 PM   
overburn

Well... I`ve sent my liteon back to get a replacement from where I bought it from and they`ve tested it and found nothing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!, I can`t believe it, they say, I should let the liteon finish activies before I eject the cd!!! are these guys thick or what, I send them a full explanation of what is wrong and they come back with that. So im soon to be stuck again with a liteon 161040 which I can do nothing with, so anoying!!!!!. I`ve now bought a mitsumi 24x cdr/rw.

(in reply to Stick)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: 16102b hell Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI