CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

NEC 3500AG   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1245 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> NEC 3500AG Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NEC 3500AG - 11/27/2007 4:49:03 PM   
katman

Hello,
I have a NEC3500AG DVD  R / RW drive that does not recognise DVD+RW 4X media from Office Depot. It used to and I had a PC crash and it does not see them anymore. It will burn + media and play any DVD that you buy or rent but does not see anyhing  that was recorded on my Phillips DVD+ recorder.
Another thing is that the PC has the same driver loaded for my ATAPI CD/RW 52x24 drive as it does for the NEC DVD 3500AG . I am running Bin 218_____5&2641F507&0&0.0.0 on the Nec and on the CD / RW it says KDC\5&2641F507&0&0.1.0 ( I have no earthly idea what all these letters and NO.'s mean) What should be the correct Version of firmware for the NEC 3500AG? Also, does anyone know anything else for me to check?
Thanks in advance
katman 
Post #: 1
RE: NEC 3500AG - 11/27/2007 8:16:31 PM   
MP3Mogul

First try going into your device manager and deleting the IDE channel that the drive is on, and reboot and let windows reinstall the drive.

If that doesn't fix it:  Try this:

You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 314060
Last Review : April 16, 2007
Revision : 2.2
This article was previously published under Q314060
On This Page
SUMMARY
Symptoms of the problem
Methods to resolve the problem
Method 1: Guided Help to delete the registry entries
Requirements to install and to use this Guided Help
Method 2: Manually delete the registry entries
Step 1: Start Registry Editor
Step 2: Delete the UpperFilters registry entry
Step 3: Delete the LowerFilters registry entry
Step 4: Restart the computer
Similar problems and solutions
SUMMARY
After you remove a program from your computer, you can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive successfully. The CD drive or the DVD drive does not appear. Or, you receive an error message when you try to access the drive. This article contains two methods to resolve this problem. One of the methods requires that you manually modify the Windows registry to remove the UpperFilters registry entry and the LowerFilters registry entry. You must restart the computer after you follow the steps in this article.
This article is intended for a beginning to intermediate computer user.
You may find it easier to follow the steps if you print this article first.
Back to the top
Symptoms of the problem
In Microsoft Windows XP, after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program, or after you remove a different program, you experience the following symptoms:• You cannot access the CD drive or the DVD drive by using My Computer.
• One of the following error messages appears when you view the CD drive or the DVD drive in Device Manager:
Error message 1
The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31).
Error message 2
A driver for this device was not required, and has been disabled (Code 32 or Code 31).
Error message 3
Your registry might be corrupted. (Code 19) 
• You receive an "error code 39" error message.
• A message that resembles the following appears in the notification area:
Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41) 
Back to the top
Methods to resolve the problem
Method 1: Guided Help to delete the registry entries
Note We recommend that you uninstall all CD recording or CD writing programs before you delete the registry entries. You can reinstall any programs that you use after you resolve this problem.
Guided Help is available to delete the registry entries that can cause CD access problems. Guided Help can automatically perform the steps for you.
The actions that this Guided Help performs can be undone after Guided Help is finished. To undo this Guided Help, run Guided Help again. On the Welcome page, click Undo this Guided Help, and then follow the instructions.
For more information about Guided Help, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
915092 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915092/) Description of Guided Help for Microsoft Knowledge Base articles
Requirements to install and to use this Guided Help
• You must be logged on to Windows by using a computer administrator account to install and to use this Guided Help.
• You must be running Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Media Center Edition, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition to install and to use this Guided Help.
You must first download Guided Help. To start, click the following link.
Download Guided Help
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/)
Method 2: Manually delete the registry entries
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/) Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.Log on to Windows by using an account that has administrator rights and permissions. Then, follow these steps.
Step 1: Start Registry Editor
Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. Registry Editor starts.
Step 2: Delete the UpperFilters registry entry
1. In Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
2. Expand SYSTEM, and then expand CurrentControlSet.
3. Expand Control, and then expand Class.
4. Under Class, click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
5. In the right pane (topic area), click UpperFilters.
Note An UpperFilters.bak registry entry may also appear. To delete the UpperFilters registry entry, you must click UpperFilters and not UpperFilters.bak.
6. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
7. When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm the deletion of the UpperFilters registry entry:
Are you sure you want to delete this value?
The UpperFilters registry entry is removed from the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry subkey.
Note Do not exit Registry Editor. You must have this program for the next step.
Step 3: Delete the LowerFilters registry entry
1. In Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
2. Expand SYSTEM, and then expand CurrentControlSet.
3. Expand Control, and then expand Class.
4. Under Class, click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
5. In the right pane (topic area), click LowerFilters.
Note An LowerFilters.bak registry entry may also appear. To delete the LowerFilters registry entry, you must click LowerFilters and not LowerFilters.bak.
6. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
7. When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm the deletion of the LowerFilters registry entry:
Are you sure you want to delete this value?
The LowerFilters registry entry is removed from the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry subkey.
8. Exit Registry Editor.
Step 4: Restart the computer
If a CD recording program no longer works after you restart the computer, you must reinstall the CD recording program.
Back to the top
Similar problems and solutions
For more information about a similar problem, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
320553 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553/) CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears to be missing after you install Windows XP or Windows Vista Beta 2
For a Microsoft Windows 2000 version of this article, see 270008 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270008/).
Back to the top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
APPLIES TO
• Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
• Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Back to the top
Keywords:  kbacw kbexpertiseinter kbceip kbhowto kbacwsurvey kbenv kb3rdparty kberrmsg kbhardware kbprb kbsound KB314060
Back to the top

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to katman)
Post #: 2
RE: NEC 3500AG - 12/9/2007 8:32:12 AM   
katman

MP3 Mogul
Thanks for the response. I deleted and reinstalled the IDE that the device was located on but, this did not help.
Read the part to the solution but, none of this applies that I can see. It is not that the system does not see the drive and I can play any kind of DVD or CD except any + media that I record with the DVD + Phillips recorder. I can take a +DVD RW formatted disc and the DVD player sees it but the message pops up "Disk is not Formatted"  "Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted or, it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows. If any other info is needed to help cure this problem please advise.  (I use the DVD + RW disc to record off the air and then reburn to another DVD+ disc and then erase and reuse the RW disc again.)Thanks in advance

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: NEC 3500AG - 12/9/2007 9:06:47 AM   
SithTracy

Are you doing Packet Writing... and by that I mean using Nero InCD or Roxio DirectCD/DirectToDisc... drag and drop to the disc?

(in reply to katman)
Post #: 4
RE: NEC 3500AG - 12/9/2007 8:52:36 PM   
katman

SithTracy
Here is what I am doing......I see a program on TV that I want to keep a copy of. Then I insert a DVD+RW disc and record from the tv.I finalise the disk before it is removed from the DVD recorder to make it where you are supposed to be  able to play it on any dvd player. Then I shrink it with DVD Shrink and use nero 7.0 to record it on a regular DVD+ disc. When I bring it from the dvd recorder to my PC the Windows gives me the unable to read disk noted in my post of 12/8/2007.
I am not trying to record disc to disc. Thanks for your help.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: NEC 3500AG - 12/9/2007 9:02:59 PM   
SithTracy

Download IsoBuster and see if it can read the contents of the disc....  Have you tried reading the disc on another DVD reader?  The NEC ND-3500A was a horrible reader.

(in reply to katman)
Post #: 6
RE: NEC 3500AG - 12/10/2007 1:02:25 PM   
katman

SithTracy
Downloaded ISOBuster and ran it. Told me  that it was DVD+RW with session 1. Tried to extract session 1 and IsoBuster said Sector 0 couldn't be read and gave error 5/21/00. I can take the disc and place in the Dvd recorder and play the movie. Thanks for the help.( I am working and do not get a chance to check back for answers as often as I would like.)

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 7
RE: NEC 3500AG - 12/10/2007 2:29:46 PM   
SithTracy

I'd suggest replacing your NEC ND-3500A with a Samsung SH-S20x (202 if IDE is your only option, else the 203B SATA), or a Pioneer DVR-112D/212D (IDE/SATA)... They would probably serve you better as a reader than the NEC... Unless you want to see if a more current firmware release can solve your read issue on that media with your NEC drive...

(in reply to katman)
Post #: 8
RE: NEC 3500AG - 12/10/2007 11:43:31 PM   
katman

SithTracy

Downloaded latest firmware and installed . NEC 3500 AG still does not see any info on DVD+RW disc . Still unable to recover any info from disc using ISO Buster .
Will check different brand of DVD + RW media and report back . Thankx for your help. Katman

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> NEC 3500AG Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote