CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1181 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing - 11/25/2007 2:25:55 PM   
tpollak68

Hi, this is my situation.  I have a laptop computer with the Vista Home Premium operating system.  The computer came equiped with the Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A ATA device.  Last night I attempted to burn a CD and received an error message that I have no CD burner installed.  I know that I do as I just used the burner  with in the last week.  The error message looks like this:
  "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardwar.  The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).
When I check for solutions, nothing happens.  When I tried to update the driver I received a message that the best driver was already installed.
I also noted that I cannot even play a CD or DVD at this time.  The device is not recognizing any CDs or DVDs.  The device had worked fine until yesterday.
Any ideas?

TLP68
Post #: 1
RE: Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing - 11/25/2007 4:26:49 PM   
SithTracy

(in reply to tpollak68)
Post #: 2
RE: Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing - 11/25/2007 5:22:16 PM   
tpollak68

I had seen that article, but it only applies to the XP operating system.  I have Vista.  Is there anything similar that would be relavent to the Vista system?

TLP68

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing - 11/25/2007 9:02:07 PM   
SithTracy

Don't know, I would imagine there has to be something similar, but I won't even consider Vista until after SP1 is released... and I may look past it then too since XP SP3 is looking to be a better fit for my needs.  Search the MS KB... Have you tried removing your IDE or SATA controllers from the device manager and letting Windows redetect them on a reboot?

(in reply to tpollak68)
Post #: 4
RE: Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing - 11/26/2007 2:50:41 PM   
tpollak68

Well, I was able to solve the issue in the short term by completing a system restore dating back a week.  I was able to recover the drive at least.  The restore did remove some software I had added in the interum; I will have to consider if I want to try reinstalling the software as a test to see if it was a fluke or if the software was the cause of my troubles.  Thanks for the prompt feed back.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing - 11/26/2007 6:41:36 PM   
MP3Mogul

I think Vista SP1 has already been released as well, just a note...

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to tpollak68)
Post #: 6
RE: Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing - 11/26/2007 7:00:09 PM   
SithTracy

quote:

I think Vista SP1 has already been released as well, just a note...
Not yet... at least it is not available to the public... at this point it is a "release candidate  #" as of 15-Nov-2007.  The final is slated for Q1 2008.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 7
RE: Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing - 11/27/2007 1:48:49 PM   
MP3Mogul

Ah, yes, I see that now. 

I also just read that a duplicate machine was used

Vista with SP1 (Beta) tested against a WinXP machine with SP3 (beta) on it, and the XP machine was 70 percent faster running the same program.

Someone at MS better get on the ball... I'm never upgrading unless you show me an IMPROVEMENT, not a move to the dinosaur age!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Optiarc DVD RW Driver Software Missing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI