CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 111D....dual layer??   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 463 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 111D....dual layer?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 111D....dual layer?? - 11/9/2007 12:19:01 PM   
Bulletguy

I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D fitted in my pc. According to the spec it will burn read/write dual layer DVD's, yet when i bought some discs and tried to burn one...it failed and i ended up taking the discs back. I use Nero 7 Premium to burn and running XP Pro.

When i first installed the DVR it picked up perfect ok first time and burns straight single layer dvd's no problem.

Why does it refuse to accept and burn dual layer?

Anyone help?
Post #: 1
RE: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 111D....dual layer?? - 11/9/2007 6:00:01 PM   
MP3Mogul

I suggest trying some different media.  Which did you use?

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Bulletguy)
Post #: 2
RE: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 111D....dual layer?? - 11/9/2007 6:37:23 PM   
Bulletguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

I suggest trying some different media.  Which did you use?
Limewire or KCeasy for d/loading, Nero 7 to burn. My 111-D failed to recognise dual layer.....it simply did not accept there was one in. Take it out and put a straightforward single dvd in.....reads its there and burns perfect ok.

Looked at the spec and it claims the 111-D will take dual layer, but i also notice this model has since been superceded with the 112-D.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 111D....dual layer?? - 11/9/2007 8:57:35 PM   
SithTracy

...and the 112D has been superseded by the 115D (though not readily available)... If you are going to be burning DL media, you need to buy Verbatim branded DL media and use ImgBurn.

< Message edited by SithTracy -- 11/9/2007 8:58:33 PM >

(in reply to Bulletguy)
Post #: 4
RE: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 111D....dual layer?? - 11/11/2007 7:25:41 AM   
Bulletguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy

...and the 112D has been superseded by the 115D (though not readily available)... If you are going to be burning DL media, you need to buy Verbatim branded DL media and use ImgBurn.

Thanks......just bought a 112D!! Though at £17 I reckon thats got to be the right money.

DL i'm trying with this time is Arita.....cant remember the name of the first lot i tried but anyway, they didn't work!

Only previous probs I had (re. media) was a CD writer I once had which simply hated mirror finish discs, which of course were always the cheapest you could buy. Stick some paper on and they worked!

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 111D....dual layer?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI