CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Problems with Hitachi LG GWA-4165B   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 929 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Problems with Hitachi LG GWA-4165B Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with Hitachi LG GWA-4165B - 11/3/2007 2:54:35 AM   
HiVoltg30

I have an eMachine T2891 running Windows XP Professional.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is going wrong with my burner.

The problem is with my CD burner; I can read, run and download from my CD’s and Factory Recorded CD’s. It just won’t allow me to Copy or move anything to a blank CD, when I try it states; “D:\is not accessible. Incorrect Function.”

If I try using a CD that I wrote on previously, I get the error message; “Files on this CD-ROM drive are Read-Only. You cannot copy or move files over to the CD-ROM Drive.”

* This is using the computers normal running stuff, the “copy this file…” or “move this file…” and also trying to burn music CD’s with Windows Media Player 11 - which I’ve done with no problems in the past. *

I tried uninstalling the Drive, which is LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-4832K.
Rebooted and the computer detected and reinstalled it and still no use.

I know the blank CD’s are good; I bought three different brands and got the same results on all of them. (CD-R, CD-RW…etc.)

I thought my Drive was kaput and needed to be replaced so I bought a Hitachi - LG GWA-4165B DVD Writable/CD-RW. (Bought from a computer store, burner was a “new pull” off a computer).  ** The burner did not come with any software or manual. **

So anyway, I installed it today and you guessed it… Same D@%! Problem!!!!

So, am I missing something? An unchecked box, or one that shouldn’t be? A magical download from somewhere?
I’m assuming since installing and finding the same problem with the new drive, that my old one was still good.

Thanks.

http://img161.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=72723_DT85F8626555F132EJPG_122_808lo.jpg

< Message edited by HiVoltg30 -- 11/3/2007 2:59:17 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with Hitachi LG GWA-4165B - 11/3/2007 9:44:53 AM   
SithTracy

Hello HiVoltg30 and welcome.... You are in need of software to do your task.  You cannot just drag and drop files to a CD (well, if you have Packet Writing software like InCD you can... but it is unreliable).  You can drag and drop to DVD-RAM media in Windows XP but you need to format it to FAT32.... As far as drag and drop goes, that is what I recommend.  InCD (part of Nero's suite) is horrible and unreliable.

For burning to CD-R/W or DVD±R/W, I suggest a burning program like Nero... It is not as good as it once was, but is very easy to use.  If cost is a problem, there are free alternatives out there... DeepBurner Free, CDBurnerXP, Burrrn (for audio CD's only) are a couple... My favorite for data and video is ImgBurn, but it requires a good knowledge in burning as it's interface is not as simple.

(in reply to HiVoltg30)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Problems with Hitachi LG GWA-4165B Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI