CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

WinHEC 2007: Windows "Longhorn" Server Becomes Windows Server 2008   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 905 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> WinHEC 2007: Windows "Longhorn" Server Becomes Windows Server 2008 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WinHEC 2007: Windows "Longhorn" Server Become... - 5/16/2007 4:06:49 PM   
cadoo

At WinHEC 2007 in Los Angeles on Thusday, Bill Gates announced the final name for what was previously known only as Windows Server codename "Longhorn." Windows Server 2008, which recently reached the Beta 3 milestone, is expected to ship before the end of the year.

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 is the next-generation Windows Server operating system that promises to help IT professionals achieve more control, greater flexibility and increased protection. Windows Server 2008 Beta 3 is publicly available for download today at http://www.microsoft.com/getbeta3. The final version of the operating system is on track for release to manufacturing in the second half of 2007.

Windows Server 2008 builds on the reliability and security of Windows Server 2003 R2 to help organizations create an optimized, more dynamic IT infrastructure by addressing the automation of daily management tasks, tightening security, improving efficiency and increasing availability.

You can download the Windows Server 2008 fact sheet from Microsoft PressPass and visit the new Windows Server 2008 website for details.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> WinHEC 2007: Windows "Longhorn" Server Becomes Windows Server 2008 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI