CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

LG GSA-4160B not working with Office Depot DVD+R 16X   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1379 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> LG GSA-4160B not working with Office Depot DVD+R 16X Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LG GSA-4160B not working with Office Depot DVD+R 16X - 4/21/2007 2:02:35 AM   
Tico

Hi all, I used so far with my LG GSA-4160B Sony DVD+R ver.1.2/X1-X8 or M-Media DVD-R 4X and I had never complains. I bought now a new batch of Office Depot DVD + R 16X and it seems not working. I use Nero for burning which does not complain about anything....but at the end of process the DVD looks like a blank disk to my computer or my DVD player. I do not understand why is not working. I really do not know much about how data is writen on the disk and using nerodvd info I understood that my burner is pretty good supporing DVD+/-R or WR and speed up to 40X so please give me a hint about what is going on. I tried to burn one of my rewritable and all works fine. My rewritable is a DVD-WR. Please help....

Thanks a lot

Tico
Post #: 1
RE: LG GSA-4160B not working with Office Depot DVD+R 16X - 4/21/2007 9:21:17 PM   
SithTracy

LG's are picky about media, and "Office Depot Generics" probably aren't worth the money you payed.  Your best off finding some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media and paying a little more.  It will be worth not having the headaches.

(in reply to Tico)
Post #: 2
RE: LG GSA-4160B not working with Office Depot DVD+R 16X - 4/24/2007 11:17:28 PM   
Tico

Guess what, I returned the Office Depo disks and bought Sony DVD+R 1x - 16x. I did that just because I read using dvdinfo executable that my drive LG GSA-4160B can support transfer rate when reading 16x DVD+/-R. Those new disks behave the same. They looks like are writen but when played nothing. My computer does not recognize it as a disk. So I am in deep ....My old Sony disks were DVD+R 4x and some times at the end of a burned disk my player had dificulties playing. My question is how to solve this problem, I really do not know where is the problem. I have a read/write disk which I use for testing and if I write something on it it is fine. This is a Pioneer DVD-RW 1-2X. Should I buy a new DVD burner?? Please help.....

Thank you....

Tico

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: LG GSA-4160B not working with Office Depot DVD+R 16X - 4/25/2007 8:10:23 AM   
SithTracy

Might be best if you try to find some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media... also, see if there is a firmware update to your LG GSA-4160B.

P.S. - Sony has consumers duped into thinking they make a good product because their name is on it... They don't!

(in reply to Tico)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> LG GSA-4160B not working with Office Depot DVD+R 16X Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI