CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

dvd/vcr disks   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 680 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> dvd/vcr disks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
dvd/vcr disks - 2/25/2007 8:14:41 PM   
cl34

i have a question,my father in law has a dvd/vhs recorder that burns dvd.now why doesnt my computer recognize the discs at all?shows no disk in drive/will be getting make and model soon
Post #: 1
RE: dvd/vcr disks - 2/25/2007 10:04:37 PM   
SithTracy

What kind of discs does the set-top DVD drive use and what make model is it?  Also, what kind of drive do you have in your PC (make/model/firmware revision)?

(in reply to cl34)
Post #: 2
RE: dvd/vcr disks - 2/26/2007 4:32:22 PM   
cl34

It is a SANSUI  vrdvd4005 combo burning on dvd-rw and dvd-r. I already figuered out he wasnt finalizing disks  so I gotta show him how to do that he is 79 or so so gotta keep this in mind.lol but any help or hints will be appreciated.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: dvd/vcr disks - 2/26/2007 4:58:19 PM   
SithTracy

You should be able to see the data on the DVD with IsoBuster.  Download it and see... Free mode should do what you need.

(in reply to cl34)
Post #: 4
RE: dvd/vcr disks - 2/26/2007 8:34:16 PM   
cl34

thanks i"ll try it out. I just downloaded Convertx to dvd what do you think of it?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: dvd/vcr disks - 2/26/2007 9:00:12 PM   
SithTracy

I don't think much of it... Never tried it.  Basically because of the spammers that come here and push it on us.  Also, beware of the ImTOO pushers that come here from time to time.

(in reply to cl34)
Post #: 6
RE: dvd/vcr disks - 2/26/2007 11:00:08 PM   
cl34

Well I sure am not a spammer.so I'll just be honest ....for a beginner like me it is really easy too use andworks good for what I need.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 7
RE: dvd/vcr disks - 2/26/2007 11:03:35 PM   
SithTracy

Nah... You're not a spammer... Spammers don't come here looking for help.  I'm good with Nero Vision and DivX, and VirtualDub...  That is pretty much all I use for video projects... though I just dabble a bit.  Too busy for the most part.  Take more stills than video.

(in reply to cl34)
Post #: 8
RE: dvd/vcr disks - 2/26/2007 11:17:48 PM   
cl34

I really do appreciate all your help too.I like doing the stills  but wanted away too save them and still look at them .so thats why I got started with the dvd.now I can make more room .I have nero but I just cant get it too make my dvds like i want.also have clone dvd ,any dvd,and clone cd.Friend at work told me about them.but they seem more like copying only software too me .not much use for that .

Oh yeah I got father-in-laws disk too play on my puter so now i should be able too copy and edit.Thanks a million

< Message edited by cl34 -- 2/26/2007 11:22:51 PM >

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> dvd/vcr disks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll