My old NEC 2500A DVD burner is getting old and I'm looking to replace it with a new burner that fits my needs:
1. I burn PC and PS2 backups so it NEEDS to read and write those well
2. Needs bitsetting capabilities for increased compatibility with DVD+R
3. I usually burn at 4x so high speeds are not necessary.
4. Lightscribe is not necessary
5. Being able to scan the quality of my burns would be nice
6. I will probably be playing my game disc on this drive
After some researching, it seems that the BenQ (gone), Liteon, Pioneer, and LG? models are the best in general. The latest model from Pioneer is the 112D: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16827129007
From Lite-On, theres the LH-20A1P: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16827106050
And the LH-18A1P: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16827106042
Should I get the Pioneer, Lite-On, or maybe something else? Thanks for the help.