CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero Express   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 696 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero Express Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero Express - 11/20/2006 5:56:21 PM   
serious juju

Hey guys new to the board have a question. Is their a way to password protect a dvd or cd burned in Nero Express or any other program

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Nero Express - 11/20/2006 6:03:51 PM   
SithTracy

Well, Plextor has a propitiatory technology that only works with Plextor drives... Useless if you ask me... And I think RICOH was developping something as well.  Your best bet is to put a Truecrypt volume on the CD/DVD and have an autorun file trigger a batch to mount it as another drive letter and prompt for a password.

TrueCrypt is open source... Google away.

(in reply to serious juju)
Post #: 2
RE: Nero Express - 11/20/2006 6:12:59 PM   
serious juju

I am confused, all I need is a program that will allow me to password protect a data disc once its made.
Can nero or any other program do this.

thanks

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: Nero Express - 11/20/2006 9:09:03 PM   
SithTracy

No.  Like I said, there is TrueCrypt... You can ZIP/RAR/7z Password protect the data in a file, or buy a Plextor drive and exchange the data with a password with other Plextor owners.  Those are your options today... I have not researched the Ricoh solution, but it is about as promising as the Plextor solution... need an optical drive that can handle it.  TrueCrypt is the best option right now, but it requires some reading and the users of the disc need admin rights... And the disc could only be accessed on Windows XP/2000 or Linux based machines today... Mac support is coming to TrueCrypt in the future.

Post #: 4
RE: Nero Express - 11/20/2006 11:08:54 PM   
serious juju

so you can only do it if you zip the file?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: Nero Express - 11/20/2006 11:25:42 PM   
SithTracy

Password protected zip file containing the contents of what you may want on the CD...  You're not going to be able to encrypt the disc in a way like I think you are looking to do.

Post #: 6
RE: Nero Express - 11/22/2006 8:17:35 PM   
serious juju

thanks for the help

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero Express Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI