CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Please Help me ! - Liteon 5045 Problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 756 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> Please Help me ! - Liteon 5045 Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please Help me ! - Liteon 5045 Problem - 11/3/2006 2:43:01 PM   
SNAKEY68

Hello all and nice to meet you all, what an excellent looking site.  I have always meant to search out a good site like this with the kind of info and help available as I like to mess around with my PC and try to make  more use of it than simply browse the internet.
Anyway thought I would post a hello before I bombarded thge experts here with questions , especially the one than prompted my search for a site that looked good enough to engage in and get some answers.

Nice site looking forward to getting some help and learning something in here.

cheers
Snakey ( yes I keep and breed snakes incasae anyone wondering why the name)

< Message edited by SNAKEY68 -- 11/4/2006 2:54:25 PM >
Post #: 1
Please Help - 5045 Liteon Problem - 11/4/2006 2:50:38 PM   
SNAKEY68

Ok guys here is my problem I hope one of you techy guys or gals can help me out.

My problem is I have been using a Liteon 5045 for recording off the tv as well as home movies of my kids on trips and birthdays etc and all of the thumbnails show up as black blanked out squares instead of the usual small thumbnail pic.
If I try to click on any of them it locks up the player and freezes and only a reboot ( switching off and on) retunrs it to normal again although still no access to recorded programs or movies.

Can anyone shed any light on the cause and offer a solution or advice that does not involve reformatting the hard drive which would lose all my stuff I have saved?

I am at a loss as to what has happened, clips I record now I can play back and edit but all the stuff over the past year is where the problem seems to lie.

Is it worth contacing the manufacturer for advice ?

Tottally bummed out about it as I had some great stuff of my kids on it that I transferred from camcorder and it seems like it may be lost although I can see the thumbnail of them I can not access them.

any help appreciated.

Andy

< Message edited by SNAKEY68 -- 11/4/2006 2:53:15 PM >

(in reply to SNAKEY68)
Post #: 2
RE: Please Help - 5045 Liteon Problem - 11/6/2006 1:08:29 PM   
Tony Veglis

Well, an option would be to remove the hard disk from the device and plug it into a PC in order to see whether the files are accessible. But please don't try it unless you are not experienced with hardware.

(in reply to SNAKEY68)
Post #: 3
RE: Please Help - 5045 Liteon Problem - 11/6/2006 5:51:43 PM   
SNAKEY68

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tony Veglis

Well, an option would be to remove the hard disk from the device and plug it into a PC in order to see whether the files are accessible. But please don't try it unless you are not experienced with hardware.

Thanks for the reply mate  I appreciate it.  I assume you mean "if I am experienced with hardware".

I am fairly experienced with PC's and know how to connect hard drives etc I am not familar with working on liteon 5045 units however.  Is the hard drive PC compatible in terms of just setting the jumpers to slave etc and accessing?

Is it a case of opening up the liteon and dissconnecting the hdrive and removing and inserting as a seperate drive in my pc ?

Would I need appropriate software to then access the seemingly frozen clips ? I assume I could copy them over to my pc and then work on them ?

thanks again for replying.

(in reply to Tony Veglis)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> Please Help me ! - Liteon 5045 Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI