CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Review for new LiteOn SATA DVD-RW?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 811 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Review for new LiteOn SATA DVD-RW? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Review for new LiteOn SATA DVD-RW? - 1/21/2007 11:04:12 PM   
SithTracy

I think the issue with LG drives is that if they don't recognize the media, they roll back to 4x support.  If you go with LG, you may want to look at MediaCodeSpeedEdit.  Still, do your best to get quality media: Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

Good luck in your search for the perfect burner... Again I'll suggest you avoid LITE-ON until they can put out a decent drive.

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 33
RE: Review for new LiteOn SATA DVD-RW? - 1/21/2007 11:43:11 PM   
Dimitris32

What I'm still wondering about is why there is no reviews on the latest drives, comparing them against each other (e.g., LG vs LiteON vs NEC vs Plextor).  Such a review would have answered all my questions....

Incidentally, SithTracy, what do you think about my last question?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 34
RE: Review for new LiteOn SATA DVD-RW? - 1/22/2007 7:10:18 AM   
SithTracy

Well, I think I already answered it... if you want a good burn, avoid LITE-ON.  I would put more faith in LG, even more so today as Plextor announced they are bailing out of the ODD market.

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 35
RE: Review for new LiteOn SATA DVD-RW? - 1/22/2007 5:35:13 PM   
MP3Mogul

Hands down YES!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 36
RE: Review for new LiteOn SATA DVD-RW? - 1/22/2007 6:57:02 PM   
Dimitris32

I think I've made my decision, then, thanks to your unceasing input, guys!!  (Eventually... :)  )    It'll have to be a SATA LG drive.. 

I'll wait though until I read at least one review of the drive, just in case there are any bugs with its SATA implementation ....

< Message edited by Dimitris32 -- 1/22/2007 6:58:36 PM >

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 37
RE: Review for new LiteOn SATA DVD-RW? - 1/22/2007 8:22:20 PM   
SithTracy

Don't wait too long... at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if LG pulls from the ODD industry as well!!!  Just kidding!!!  This Plextor thing frustrates me.  I guess you wouldn't understand if you never owned one...  My first Plextor drive was not even a burner, it was simply a SCSI CD drive... Hell I can't even remember the model, firmware updates were done via snail mail with an EEPROM chip... But I do have an 40x UltraPleX SCSI reader in the basement.  I'll keep that forever as a reminder of the quality they conveyed.  Sure they were expensive... but worth every penny.

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 38
RE: Review for new LiteOn SATA DVD-RW? - 1/22/2007 8:34:34 PM   
Dimitris32

Oh, yes, I remember those 40x UltraPleX SCSI drives... they were the very definition of all things optical.. :)  I never bought one due to its price plus having to load the system with the SCSI card, etc ... And, also, considering how slow pc systems used to be at the time, I was trying to install as few cards/devices as possible on the pc, in order not to overload it.... A friend of mine had one, though, and I have to say, I always wished to get one.... However, IDE drives / writers started becoming more popular than SCSI and then the UltraPleX was gradually forgotten...

< Message edited by Dimitris32 -- 1/22/2007 8:36:25 PM >

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Review for new LiteOn SATA DVD-RW? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI