CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 557 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/11/2006 2:35:03 AM   
CountryGirls

Hi,

My church assigned me to look for a DVD duplicator that can duplicate as many discs per batch.  I have found some 1-to-21 DVD duplicators but was told by other members of our church it is actually three 1-to-7 duplicators daisy chained.  Would anyone of you tell me how it works?  How about the 1-to-11 DVD duplicator on newcyberian.com?  Can we daisy chain two of these and make it a 1-to-22 DVD duplicator?
Post #: 1
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/11/2006 12:21:28 PM   
adiadidas

Hello,
Unfortunately i have no clue about your problem. I want ot ask you one question
Why does the church wants to have a duplicator?
Please dont le me be misunderstood

(in reply to CountryGirls)
Post #: 2
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/11/2006 11:57:18 PM   
CountryGirls

Mr. adiadidas,

Churches need duplicator for archiving and spreading God's words.  We need many copies of DVDs  after every Sunday preaching. Wish some day there will be a 1 to 100 DVD duplicator.

What do you think we need the duplicator for? 

(in reply to adiadidas)
Post #: 3
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/12/2006 6:15:14 AM   
alexmacris

Hi Friend! You could email the company that manufacturers 21-1 duplicators and ask this question...I think the maximum i have seen is 7in1 tower...Maybe you can connect three of them in row and duplicate your project

Post #: 4
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/12/2006 11:43:01 PM   
CountryGirls

I did call the companies, www.newcyberian.com, www.octave.com, proactionmedia.com and they all told me the same stories.  The 1 to 21 DVD duplicator is indeed a  three 1-to-7 duplicators chained together.  The 1-to-11 DVD duplicator sold by www.newcyberian.com cannot be put to work as a 1-to-22.  If that's the reality, we will have to buy a 1 to 21 then.  It's quite an investment.  Anyone out there has the experience in operating this machine?

The one I intend to buy is
http://www.octave.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi/act/specs/item/1153165544

and I'd also consider the 1-to-11 from
http://www.newcyberian.com/1-to-11-dvd-duplicator.html

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Kaitlyn Audrey

< Message edited by CountryGirls -- 10/12/2006 11:44:25 PM >

(in reply to alexmacris)
Post #: 5
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/16/2006 5:36:18 AM   
costask

Hi there countrygirls, you could have a look at this article posted recently on CDRinfo that reviews the 1-to-21 duplicator from ACARD - http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=17903

I have had some experience with these units and they are quite simlpe to operate. Everything is done from a 4 button front panel. The Acard unit is indeed 3 boards with one acting as the master and the other 2 as slaves. And from what I see, the model you are thinking of buying from Octave uses ACARD technology. The particular boards can be used separately so that you could have a 1-to-7 or 1-to-14 duplicator if you were thinking of doing it yourself.

As always with these units, the greatest cost is the drives. The controller boards are around US$600 for the three. The problem is that it's very difficult to build your own - you need a rack, power supplies and then to put in everything so that it works. I guess that's why the cost goes up. The Octave unit also has 3x80GB hard disks so that you can copy your compilations onto them, and then from there onto the CD or DVD media.

I know that ACARD also has a USB board that can be used to hook up the duplicator with a PC so that you can controll everything from a PC, although I don't know how this works or how good it is. If you're interested in this type of setup, let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

Post #: 6
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/24/2006 4:46:01 AM   
CountryGirls

Hi,

Thank you all for the useful information. 

Something I've been overlooking is the price to target ratio.  Two units of 1-to-11 DVD duplicator with 250GB hard drive will cost $2210, vs three units of 1-to-7 version from Octive for $3495.  There is a $1285 difference.  Plus the shipping cost of the former is most likely lower then the latter.  I think we will go for buying two units of 1-to-11 from New Cyberian.  But I was told ACARD has been in the market longer than Starrcopy -- the controller card used by New Cyberian's dvd duplicators and should be more stable.  Any truth to this statement? 

(in reply to costask)
Post #: 7
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/25/2006 2:19:38 AM   
costask

I have never used the Starcopy cards, but from experience, the Acard units are very reliable and steady.

Post #: 8
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/25/2006 8:58:13 PM   
CDTower

There is one obvious difference between SmarrCopy and ACARD, i.e. the cache memory.  SmarrCopy has 128MB whereas Acard has 64MB.  Besides that I don't know what's the difference in performance. We bought our ACARD and SmarrCopy DVD duplicator from New Cyberian Systems before.  Frankly I don't see any difference in terms of usage.  They are both very good machines and easy to use.  But the the sales pitch from New Cyberian is that the increased cache memory won't be useful for small target such as 1-to-3.  But the reliability will increase when the number of target is equal to or bigger than 7.

We dealt with New Cyberian and they are very nice people.  But New Cyberian is actually a CD and DVD replication company such as Discmakers and Oasiscd.  I bet they buy the cd duplicators from other sources. If the price is good, just buy from them.  You may also want to search the duplicators on eBay.

(in reply to costask)
Post #: 9
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/26/2006 1:25:17 PM   
dinno

Hi,

I had read the same question on www.duplicatorguide.com and as I remember you need to follow a three times one-to-seven solution

if I am not mistaken, each system chains to other.

otherwise you can go to a low value system

Dinno

http://www.vagabondo.net/
http://www.betterupload.com/it

(in reply to CDTower)
Post #: 10
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 10/26/2006 1:28:45 PM   
dinno

By the way,  are you really need a dvd duplicator and not cd?

dinno

(in reply to dinno)
Post #: 11
RE: 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest - 11/7/2006 7:59:27 PM   
rdig

We also bought a SmarrCopy system for our church and we absolutely love it.  We also make many copies of sermons and choir music.  The advantage of the two-button control is that anybody can use its basic functions with little or no training.  I checked out the manufacturer’s web site before buying (smarrcopy.com).

We used to have the older ACARD but decided to upgrade to SmarrCopy because it produces better copies and faster.  Our new SmarrCopy can automatically adjust the drive's read and write speeds for those times when we use the supper-discounted blanks to save money.  The new system checks target disks' quality before burning and adjusts speeds and laser power to give us error free copies i.e. fewer wasted disks.  Our older ACARD system was not able to do this so we wasted lots of disks.  Once the speed was set, it would ignore the fact that some target disks were less than perfect resulting in a greater number of defective copies.
My system identifies defective media and allows me to easily separate them from my large batch jobs. Good copies come out first so I can collect them and separate them from any defective media.  The older ACARD system did not have this feature. Sometimes church members and friends used to accidentally get defective copies and that would reflect badly on us.  That was embarrassing to say the least.
I just updated our SmarrCopy with their new version of firmware and now I can make CD copies in less than 3 minutes and DVD copies in about 5 minutes.  That’s FAST !  With that kind of speed we don’t need to buy a large expensive daisy-chained system. 

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> 1 to x DVD duplicator where x is the biggest Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI