CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Projector size of sugar cube made   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1279 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech >> Projector size of sugar cube made Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Projector size of sugar cube made - 9/19/2006 3:34:11 PM   
cadoo

A video projector that is the size of a sugar cube has been created by researchers. The miniature device could be used to project images from mobile phones, PDAs or laptops, according to the team. It was created by researchers at the Fraunhofer Institute in Germany. Traditional projectors use arrays of millions of mirrors to display footage, but this petite prototype comprises a single tiny mirror. The width of projector measures less than 16mm; its height and depth is 9mm. Inside, a laser is fired at a tiny vibrating mirror, which deflects the beam to produce the pixels that form the final image. Presently the projector can only work with red and blue lasers, meaning any displays have a limited colour range. Green diode lasers are not yet small enough to allow the device the full range of colours.

Source: BBC
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech >> Projector size of sugar cube made Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI