CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Spamhaus Ignores Multimillion Dollar Lawsuit   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 505 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Spamhaus Ignores Multimillion Dollar Lawsuit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spamhaus Ignores Multimillion Dollar Lawsuit - 9/19/2006 6:13:28 AM   
sp

September 15th 2006

Yesterday the U.K. anti-spam non-profit organization Spamhause was slapped with an uncontested $11.7 million dollar judgment by the U.S. District Court of Illinois. e360 Insight LLC filed the suit against Spamhaus earlier this year after the anti-spam organization placed it on ROKSO, Spamhaus’s blacklist of the 200 worst spammers. The suit was filed in the state of Illinois in the U.S. Spamhaus was quick to state that the State of Illinois has no jurisdiction over the organization’s actions, since it’s based in the U.K. and does no business in Illinois. Spamhaus, the brainchild of Steve Linford, did not defend itself in court.

Apparently, the presiding judge saw things differently and ruled that not only must Spamhaus pay $11.7 million in damages, but they also must refrain from blocking, delaying, or interrupting email sent by e360 Insight and offer a public apology. Spamhaus responded with a statement calling the court’s ruling invalid and saying that “A Plaintiff seeking to have such an order enforced must re-file the case in a British court of law and prove jurisdiction, as well as the small matter of proving the rest of the case.”

Spamhaus said that the ruling shows how U.S. courts can be “bamboozled” by spammers, and that they would ignore the $11.7 million judgment and continue to blacklist emails sent by e360 Insight.

WM # CI
Post #: 1
RE: Spamhaus Ignores Multimillion Dollar Lawsuit - 9/22/2006 4:17:47 AM   
alexmacris

Interesting news, maybe spammers should be driven to courts after all to make them pay for the time we spend to erase their spamming messages

(in reply to sp)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Spamhaus Ignores Multimillion Dollar Lawsuit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI