CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Windows Vista RC1 Is Complete!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1154 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Windows Vista RC1 Is Complete! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows Vista RC1 Is Complete! - 9/1/2006 7:10:15 PM   
cadoo

RC1 is Now Available to TechBeta or TAP Participants

Platforms and Services Co-President Jim Allchin has just now posted an announcement that RC1 is complete on the TechBeta/TAP site. This is a excerpt from the post:

To the TechBeta community:

It?s official ? Windows Vista RC1 is done!

We could not have achieved this milestone without your support. The quantity and quality of feedback and data we received from you has been essential to helping us progress. Thus we wanted you to be the first customers outside of Microsoft to get access to the bits. Next week, a broader set of technical customers will get them via MSDN and TechNet. But you?re the first! We wanted to get it into your hands asap so you can start giving us feedback right away.

You?ll notice a lot of improvements since Beta 2. We?ve made some UI adjustments, added more device drivers, and enhanced performance. We?re not done yet, however ? quality will continue to improve. We?ll keep plugging away on application compatibility, as well as fit and finish, until RTM. If you are an ISV, RC1 is the build you should use for certifying your application.

The operating system is in great shape with RC1, but there?s still a lot of testing to do. You?ve come through for us so far, and I?m asking you to once again put the pedal to the metal and send us feedback. Windows Vista is going to touch hundreds of millions of lives all around the world. Thanks for everything you?re doing to help us give them the best experience possible.

jim

Will be interesting to see what they've done about system requirements.
Post #: 1
RE: Windows Vista RC1 Is Complete! - 9/5/2006 6:46:35 AM   
alexmacris

Hi friend! I think i will pass RC1, i had tried an early beta and it was damn sloooowwww

(in reply to cadoo)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows Vista RC1 Is Complete! - 9/7/2006 11:12:10 AM   
cadoo

I'm downloading now...will try tomorrow and write my opinions

(in reply to alexmacris)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Windows Vista RC1 Is Complete! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI