CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Problem writing on Maxell DVD-R on NEC 3520 and 3500   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 935 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Problem writing on Maxell DVD-R on NEC 3520 and 3500 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem writing on Maxell DVD-R on NEC 3520 and 3500 - 8/29/2006 3:19:52 AM   
bonobo

Hi guys,

I tried to write on Maxell DVD-R 1-16x disks with NEC 3500 and 3520 recorder without success. Before starting burn process Nero presents to write either with Maximum or 2,4 or 2 speed and after starting the burning process it gives message "Illegal disk" and terminating burning process. I returned the the disks and get new ones the same type but got no success. Then tried on other DVD recorder (Samsung) and it burned without problems. I had no problems before with Maxell dvd-r media however it was 1-8x.

I will apreciate to advice me what to do with the NEC burner in order to use my dvds since i boutgh 50 of them.

Thank you in advance.

Bonobo

< Message edited by bonobo -- 8/29/2006 3:20:42 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Problem writing on Maxell DVD-R on NEC 3520 and 3500 - 8/29/2006 5:42:34 AM   
alexmacris

Hi friend! The problem here seems to be the support of the new media, as far i understand, probably are not supported from the firmware of 3500/3520. So you have to upgrade the firmware with the latest available (http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com). If that doesn't work, you can ask Liggy to add those media codes to existing firmware

(in reply to bonobo)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Problem writing on Maxell DVD-R on NEC 3520 and 3500 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI