CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVD-R & DVD-RAM troubles   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1303 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> DVD-R & DVD-RAM troubles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVD-R & DVD-RAM troubles - 6/23/2006 9:25:40 PM   
Whatever

I have Fuji, Imation and Optodisc DVD-R's which I recorded and now they show 0 bytes free and 0 bytes used.

I have Imation and Memorex DVD-RAM's recorded successfully and now can't write to them because they are "write-protected" - but the write protection button has not been engaged. Data on these is intact and can be copied to c:

This is on a XP Pro system with Matshita DVD-RAM LF-D311. I've tried these disks in my XP Home notebook (Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2412) with the same result. Note that I tried all these first in the XP Pro system, so I'm wandering if somehow the DVD writer screwed up the disks before I tried them in the XP Home system. I can't imagine how they could all just suddenly go bad.

Can anyone please suggest what is going on here, in either problem? What steps do I take, in order? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: DVD-R & DVD-RAM troubles - 6/29/2006 4:15:14 AM   
alexmacris

Hi friend! I am not very sure but you probably need some kind of driver for your media to recognized under Windows

(in reply to Whatever)
Post #: 2
RE: DVD-R & DVD-RAM troubles - 6/29/2006 10:01:26 AM   
Whatever

quote:

ORIGINAL: alexmacris

Hi friend! I am not very sure but you probably need some kind of driver for your media to recognized under Windows

Alex, thanks for your reply. This is media I've been recording successfully for 3 years, same hardware, same drivers. Device mgr and disk management recognize the drives and show they are working properly. It just occurred to me that if I "remove" the CD and DVD drives and then let XP re-detect them, perhaps it would solve the problem? I've never done that before, but that is the way it works, is it not?

(in reply to alexmacris)
Post #: 3
RE: DVD-R & DVD-RAM troubles - 7/5/2006 6:06:43 AM   
alexmacris

Hi friend! You can always try to remove drives from your device manager and let windows auto-detect them...But i have no idea if that will solve your problems, try it and if it doesn't we will try something else

(in reply to Whatever)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> DVD-R & DVD-RAM troubles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI