CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

nero update for the worst   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1294 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> nero update for the worst Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
nero update for the worst - 6/4/2006 7:26:12 AM   
cwl7454

Was using Nero 6.3 untill  they came out with Nero 7 Ultra. Upgraded and everything going fine. Always like to kep everything updated. First update went smoothly, second update ran into problems with missing files and had to uninstall and reinstall; back then you could pick and choose the update packages you needed.  Waited a month, figuring that if they had update issues it would be corrected by then, went back to update and Picked the ones I needed, foregoing InCD. Updated just fine. Yesterday went in to do the latest update and ran into problems; during the update install it removed some files to install the new ones during the course of the install I needed to close some programs: should have seen it coming. In order to update you have to open product setup, which means Nero is running. I needed to close it along with Yahoo Widgets Analog clock, which I did and hit retry. Came back that I needed to close Yahoo Widgets wheather, which I did and hit retry. Came back that I needed to close Yahoo Widgets calender, which I did and hit retry. This time it continued with the installation but started to get error messages. If I remember correctly 999 error code associated with a search.dll and a library.dll, don't remember the third one. Had to stop the process because of the continual error popup, using ctrl, alt, delete, but by then it had already deleted a lot of files. Needless to say Nero would not start.
Under add/remove: removed Nero 7 but left behind many, many registry entries. Two hours later had removed majority of the registry entries manually. Reinstalled original Nero 7 and running fine. Would like to be able to update again, at least up to the point that I had foregoing this latest update. Since they don't give you the option to "save" updates, any suggestions?

Dragons are alive and well!!
Post #: 1
RE: nero update for the worst - 6/9/2006 3:46:45 AM   
emperor

Usually before update you have to remote previous version, maybe your system was already overloaded so there were so many conflicts? I never had the issues you mentioned

(in reply to cwl7454)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> nero update for the worst Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI