the following Problem happened at my friends laptop. I have not found a easy way to describe it and find something in Google or here in the forum though. An Audio CD compiled and burned from Nero7 or WMP 9/10 leaves the cdr empty/untouched/new, both on the internal burner and an external HP burner drive.
- The burning processes looks completely normal, (in Nero it does not say simulation) and
- in the end tells, that burning was successful.
- The external burner has been proven working on an alternativ laptop.
- An image file created with the Image recorder of Nero is prefectly fine.
- The image and an Audio CD created by the exact same Wave files (created with Audacity) was burned successfully on the other laptop.
- Lacking any more media, I could not try burning any data CDs.
Here the conifguration as I can recall without having the laptop here.
Fujitsu Siemens AMILO about 3 Years old with AMD processor
WinXP SP2 German
internal DVDRom, CD Burner
CloneCD and CloneDVD
I hope someone has an idea, where in the Software is the mistake.
Having the same results from different programs suggests the problem ot be in Windows.
Or does Nero or any of the other CD tool programs install its burning or CD-Burner-Access Software, so that all other programs use them as well?