CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 754 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/8/2006 6:26:26 AM   
SiliconFreak

Taipei, Taiwan – MSI, a leading manufacturer of computer products, proudly unveils the latest MSI graphics card – NX7600GT Series. Incorporating the newest NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT graphics processor which delivers superior cinematic resolution and high performance acceleration for today’s demanding 3D graphic applications. The MSI NX7600GT Series is the best choice for the most complete solution for the 3D and video application market at a sensible price.

Designed for extreme HD gaming, the NX7600GT series graphics processing units (GPUs) deliver ultra-realistic gaming experiences and unparalleled image quality at resolutions up to 2560x1600. A 256-bit memory interface and fast GDDR3 memory enable blazing graphics performance with the quality set to max so you don’t have to choose between frame rates and image quality. Need a break from gaming? The NX7600GT series GPU also delivers smooth, high-definition video playback and crisp picture quality thanks to its advanced NVIDIA® PureVideo™ technology. If you are searching for an extreme HD gaming and video experience on the PC, look no further than a NX7600GT series.

The NX7600GT series includes various state-of-the-art technologies such as CineFX 4.0 engine which delivers twice the graphics power of previous GPUs, Microsoft DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 for great gaming experiences, and OpenGL® 2.0 to ensure top-notch compatibility and performance for all OpenGL® applications.
The newest NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT also has support for 64-bit floating point texture filtering for high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting effects. With HDR, light sources will appear brighter, and other effects like blooming are achievable. It takes lighting to a new level which further enhances the realism of a virtual world. While the NVIDIA Intellisample™ 4.0 technology provides outstanding visual quality through gamma correct rotated grid antialiasing and advanced anisotropic filtering. Its support for normal map compression enables more lifelike characters and environments.

In addition, the MSI NX7600GT Series includes NVIDIA PureVideo technology which accelerates MPEG-2/DVD as well as the new Microsoft® Windows Media® HD Video (WMV HD) standard, driver support for HDTV resolutions (up to 2560 x 1600), and 3:2 pull-down correction for watching DVD movies.
And with the display gamma correction, users are ensured that the videos are not too dark, overly bright, or washed out regardless of the video format of display.

MSI’s Exclusive DOT Express Technology
MSI NVIDIA® NX7600GT is equipped with the most advanced Dynamic Overclocking Technology Express enabling supreme overclocking, cooling and de-noise performance. It is an advanced overclocking engine, designed to deliver up to 10% extra performance and greatly enhances the synchronized GPU & DDR3 performance.

Source : TBreak
Post #: 1
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/10/2006 8:12:18 AM   
major9686

great !!

DDR3 ..
256MB
256bit
ShaderModel 3.0

it looks great !! :) and its WinVista Compatible !

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/10/2006 8:16:15 AM   
SiliconFreak

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to see you pleased...FINALLY! We made it didnt we?

So? Will you buy it? Nooooooooooooooo....cause there must be something missing for sure....if noone else...you'll find it....

But to me....looks really great...and its also not too expensive....so....if I were you....well you know....

Just keep us informed up-to-date with your activities....otherwise we'll get that data from Mosad...one way or another...

Have a nice day!

SF.

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 3
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/10/2006 8:24:01 AM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to see you pleased...FINALLY! We made it didnt we?

So? Will you buy it? Nooooooooooooooo....cause there must be something missing for sure....if noone else...you'll find it....

But to me....looks really great...and its also not too expensive....so....if I were you....well you know....

Just keep us informed up-to-date with your activities....otherwise we'll get that data from Mosad...one way or another...

Have a nice day!

SF.

ha ha .. thx mate ;)

even though I dont see it has VIVO feature I think I will get a TV card like Ive said before ..

but a quick question .. I have a 350w PSU and 700va UPS ...
will I have to buy a new PowerSupplier ?  like a 400 or 500 ?
I know that for a 6800gs the min. required is 350w ...
will it be the same for the 7600gt ?

and I will surely get this card ..
especially cause on march 20 OBLIVION will be out .. :)

and I guess it will be about 1800-1400 NIS here in israel .. which is acceptable .. multiply it by 4.5 to get the price in US$$$

Post #: 4
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/10/2006 9:47:58 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hahaha...ok...as you wish...afterall you are the one paying for everything...but dont worry....you wont be dissapointed with 7600GT...

And if it doesnt have VIVO...do as you said...but TV tuner...I bought it not so long ago...but believe it or not...havent even tried it yet...hahahahaha...will install it this weekend...to be able to record F1 Races (they start this Sunday btw)... TV tuners are cheap nowadays...dont know for Israel....but...

And yes, Oblivion comes on 20th of March...so better be prepared...

Finally...if I MULTIPLY 1400 or 1800 with 4...i get 6300 or 8100US$....which is really cheap for a 7600GT....well...at least to you....since you're a BillyBoys (Gates's) son....you lucky boyyyy.... BUT if you meant DIVIDE....then ok....US$311 to US$400...that would be a nice fair price...even in non-Israeli world....

Talk to you soon...have a nice weekend....

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 5
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/10/2006 12:30:49 PM   
major9686

quote:

Hahaha...ok...as you wish...afterall you are the one paying for everything...but dont worry....you wont be dissapointed with 7600GT...

And if it doesnt have VIVO...do as you said...but TV tuner...I bought it not so long ago...but believe it or not...havent even tried it yet...hahahahaha...will install it this weekend...to be able to record F1 Races (they start this Sunday btw)... TV tuners are cheap nowadays...dont know for Israel....but...

And yes, Oblivion comes on 20th of March...so better be prepared...

Finally...if I MULTIPLY 1400 or 1800 with 4...i get 6300 or 8100US$....which is really cheap for a 7600GT....well...at least to you....since you're a BillyBoys (Gates's) son....you lucky boyyyy.... BUT if you meant DIVIDE....then ok....US$311 to US$400...that would be a nice fair price...even in non-Israeli world....

Talk to you soon...have a nice weekend....

yep .. divide .. u right .. 400$ .. :)

well .. hmm .. u havent answered my other power source question ;)

Post #: 6
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/11/2006 10:01:45 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hahaha...ok ok ...$400...

And sorry...seems like I completely overlooked your first question....so here is my answer...

It's actually hard to say whether your 300W PSU will be enough...my personal opinion is that you will be approaching the maximum (or minimum - depends from which side you look at ) of your PSU's capabilities...buttttt...not necesarily...because it all depends from all kinds of other components that you have installed in your system....

So to make it short and simple this time......I recommend you to go HERE (PCApex's website) and download their Juice software...its really nice program....simple but more than enough to calculate whether your PSU will be enough to host your new gr.card.

So all you need to do is insert all your components there...and you will immidiatelly get results below...i.e...in my "work" computer I also have 300W PSU....and this program calculated that my components are using 347W at stock...!? There is 35W overhead applied (added) to all calculations...but even so...347-35=312W...I believe I am at the maximum limit of my PSU....or very near to that... Maybe that's why it gives me BSOD every now and then...huh...it could be...

I also noticed that there are no latest gr.cards in the menu yet...so choose some 7800 or 7800GT there (I believe they dont consume much more power that 7600)... I also noticed that "mild overclock" and "heavy overclock" recommended wattages  are incorrectly shown (i.e...3643W instead of 364.3W and so...) so take the last number out to get real wattages....ok?

Anything else? Just reply and ask....good luck...

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 7
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/11/2006 10:32:18 AM   
major9686

Actually I used this site :

http://extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

if I will disconnect my CD\RW and my Floppy drive ..
and the 7600 needs power like the 6800 it will be ok ..

I have P4 630 (3.0 HT 64bit L2:2M)
5 80mm fans (4 out of the 5 connected to speed controller bay) and 1 92mm fan for CPU ..
DVD\RW
4 sticks of DDR2 memory

and 1 IDE 80GB hdd (7200rpm) ..

it doesnt consume much power ..

all of that consume like 254w out of my 350w PSU ..

Post #: 8
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/11/2006 11:30:22 AM   
SiliconFreak

...yes...IF you disconnect your cd/wd and floppy...you will be using some 250-260W...but why would you do that? dont you use them at least occasionally..? I dont think they consume any power while idling!? And this calculation is made assuming that all your devices are operating at same time...which never happens...or VERY rarely...so my conclusion is...leave everything connected...because if my computer still works...so will yours for sure!  You will still have few Watts overhead...although for the future...I recommend you to slowly start looking around for some 500W PSU....they arent that expensive nowadays...at least not here...but for Israel?...only you can answer that question....

And I believe that 7600 uses even less power than 6800....thats my opinion...but even if it consumes maybe 10W more....who cares really...isnt it so?

Good luck and keep us informed...(Mosad rullz)

cya

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 9
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/11/2006 1:20:42 PM   
major9686

quote:

...yes...IF you disconnect your cd/wd and floppy...you will be using some 250-260W...but why would you do that? dont you use them at least occasionally..? I dont think they consume any power while idling!? And this calculation is made assuming that all your devices are operating at same time...which never happens...or VERY rarely...so my conclusion is...leave everything connected...because if my computer still works...so will yours for sure!  You will still have few Watts overhead...although for the future...I recommend you to slowly start looking around for some 500W PSU....they arent that expensive nowadays...at least not here...but for Israel?...only you can answer that question....

And I believe that 7600 uses even less power than 6800....thats my opinion...but even if it consumes maybe 10W more....who cares really...isnt it so?

Good luck and keep us informed...(Mosad rullz)

cya

well I dont wanna get a too powerful PSU cause its expensive and cause my UPS is only 700va so .... I will have to replace it for a 1000va if I will get a more powerful PSU :(
my monitor (CRT 19") also consumes .. about 100w sooo ..

hmmmm...

and .. I dont use the floppy nor the CDRW at all .. just the DVDRW ..
hmmm and I may wanna get a SATA2 200gb harddrive in the future .. and that tv tuner ..

so :( I think 450w is my limit .. for the UPS ..
and .. if u guys post some review for 7600 and its power requirements and such ..
it will be alot of help ;)

and thx for bein' so kind mate .. puttin' up with me for all this time ha ha ..

and another question .. when it says that 7600 will be Windows VISTA compatible .. does it mean DirectX 9.0L\10.0 compatible as well ?

Post #: 10
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/11/2006 10:43:00 PM   
SiliconFreak

Ok then...do as you wish...if you really dont use floppy and cdrw anymore...then disconnect them...

But you will really need AT LEAST some 450W PSU in the near future...if you want to add tv tuner and another hdd...

Dont know about review yet...but I will ask around our offices... 

Finally...dont thank me...thats why i am here m8....to help others...

And also...being Vista compatible means just that....nothing more...that it will be supported in Vista...(what is something majority of todays gr.cards will be - although M$ and others try to convince us the opposite...so that we would rush into stores and buy latest cards and other components...)...soooo...Vista compatible...nothing else...nothing about DirectX 9 or 10....

Before I run away...check this LINK...to MSI's homepage...about 7600 details...(in case you havent read it yet?)....as far as i had time to read...it doesnt have VIVO...only tv-out!? And also...they made a mistake and wrote that it has 128bit memory interface...although in news/release section they still have written "256bit"....so 256 is correct there... (lucky you huh? if it was really 128 bit you would probably need to seek another 5 years for your graphics card...). Well thats it...probably its bundle is kinda poor...with Norton IS 2005 (why not 2006??)...DirectX9.0b (not that we need it, but anyway...they could give us the latest version)....and some other goodies... Ohhhhh...and this is written there....just for you I believe..."Power supply of 400 watt(550W is recommended for SLI mode) is highly recommended for system stability."...so? Any idea? will you risk with your 350w? i would...but you?...

Well enough...time to move on....cya...

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 11
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/12/2006 12:44:01 AM   
major9686

quote:

Ok then...do as you wish...if you really dont use floppy and cdrw anymore...then disconnect them...

But you will really need AT LEAST some 450W PSU in the near future...if you want to add tv tuner and another hdd...

Dont know about review yet...but I will ask around our offices... 

Finally...dont thank me...thats why i am here m8....to help others...

And also...being Vista compatible means just that....nothing more...that it will be supported in Vista...(what is something majority of todays gr.cards will be - although M$ and others try to convince us the opposite...so that we would rush into stores and buy latest cards and other components...)...soooo...Vista compatible...nothing else...nothing about DirectX 9 or 10....

Before I run away...check this LINK...to MSI's homepage...about 7600 details...(in case you havent read it yet?)....as far as i had time to read...it doesnt have VIVO...only tv-out!? And also...they made a mistake and wrote that it has 128bit memory interface...although in news/release section they still have written "256bit"....so 256 is correct there... (lucky you huh? if it was really 128 bit you would probably need to seek another 5 years for your graphics card...). Well thats it...probably its bundle is kinda poor...with Norton IS 2005 (why not 2006??)...DirectX9.0b (not that we need it, but anyway...they could give us the latest version)....and some other goodies... Ohhhhh...and this is written there....just for you I believe..."Power supply of 400 watt(550W is recommended for SLI mode) is highly recommended for system stability."...so? Any idea? will you risk with your 350w? i would...but you?...

Well enough...time to move on....cya...

ha .. well maybe I would .. its a 50-50 chance ..
again thx for all the help ! ;)

hmmm ..

well all I have to do now is to wait for it to appear here in israel :)
and get it .. :)
well .. I still have a game for GBA and 2 for PS2 to play .. :)
so I will have something to do until I will get OBLIBION and a Graphic card :)

PS. Ive found a 7600 from Leadtek but it has 128bit :
http://www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px7600gt_tdh_2.html
also Giga-Byte 7600's has only 128bit :( :
http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/VGA/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2230

whats up with that ?

also that MSI card that u sent me a link to has only 128bit .. ?!
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_detail.php?UID=729

I mean .. if they release a newer card .. shouldnt it be at least better than the previous line of cards ?

even the 6800GS had 256bit ..

EDIT :

also eVGA  7600 has 128bit :( and by readin the specs. of the cards they release .. only the clocks are slightly faster than the 6800GS .. but the 6800 is still better with 256bit and 32GB\s memory bandwidth while the 7600GT has 128bit and 22-24GB of memory .. )

so even though the 7600 is newer the 6800 is still better !
and consume less power !

eVGA links :
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-P2-N555-AX&family=22
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-P2-N553-AX&family=22
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-P2-N550-AX&family=22

< Message edited by major9686 -- 3/13/2006 1:59:04 AM >

Post #: 12
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/13/2006 4:17:37 AM   
SiliconFreak

Huh...I checked all the links you provided...and...according to them they all have 128bit memory interface!?...but in MSI's case its even more confusing...because in that link above (the same one as i gave you before)...it says 128 bit...but if you click on PRESS RELEASES in left side of that page...you will get 7600GT's official press release...and there (between everything else) it says this..."A 256-bit memory interface and fast GDDR3 memory enable blazing graphics performance with the quality set to max so you don't have to choose between frame rates and image quality."

So its really strange...on one side they say 128...and on the other...256bit...really dont know... If you have the time (since I dont )...maybe you can try contacting and asking them to clear all this...?

Finally...you need to know that memory bandwidth isnt everything...i mean it may help...but...gpu power is what's all about....makes me remember how majority of manufacturers tried to convince us that i.e. 512MB is better that 256MB of ram on gr.cards...maybe it is...but certainly not in terms of speed...at least not directly...

So dont know...you decide...I am just glad I am not into all this...all I need to know is that X1900XTX rocks and that you cant go wrong with it...also not with 7900GTX...and everything else....dunno....up to each one to decide...

6800 is a great card also...although we are somehow used to look only at latest models...but in many cases...slightly older ones still have advantage....

Cya soon...

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 13
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/13/2006 6:57:17 AM   
major9686

quote:

Huh...I checked all the links you provided...and...according to them they all have 128bit memory interface!?...but in MSI's case its even more confusing...because in that link above (the same one as i gave you before)...it says 128 bit...but if you click on PRESS RELEASES in left side of that page...you will get 7600GT's official press release...and there (between everything else) it says this..."A 256-bit memory interface and fast GDDR3 memory enable blazing graphics performance with the quality set to max so you don't have to choose between frame rates and image quality."

So its really strange...on one side they say 128...and on the other...256bit...really dont know... If you have the time (since I dont )...maybe you can try contacting and asking them to clear all this...?

Finally...you need to know that memory bandwidth isnt everything...i mean it may help...but...gpu power is what's all about....makes me remember how majority of manufacturers tried to convince us that i.e. 512MB is better that 256MB of ram on gr.cards...maybe it is...but certainly not in terms of speed...at least not directly...

So dont know...you decide...I am just glad I am not into all this...all I need to know is that X1900XTX rocks and that you cant go wrong with it...also not with 7900GTX...and everything else....dunno....up to each one to decide...

6800 is a great card also...although we are somehow used to look only at latest models...but in many cases...slightly older ones still have advantage....

Cya soon...

well I guess I will contact them ..

Leadtek .. Giga-Byte .. eVGA .. GilForsa .. maybe even Asus ..

and hmmm .. hope u guys will post a review on some of these new cards :)

Post #: 14
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/15/2006 6:49:49 AM   
SiliconFreak

Ok, you contact them and let me know later,ok?

And about our reviews of these cards...dont know that yet...but will inform you as soon as there are some news about it,ok?

Meanwhile...you may check our Reviews Around The Web section @ the main page...because I believe there are already some reviews of 7600 models there...and if not/they will surely be soon!...

Cya

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 15
RE: MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! - 3/15/2006 7:33:05 AM   
major9686

quote:

Ok, you contact them and let me know later,ok?

And about our reviews of these cards...dont know that yet...but will inform you as soon as there are some news about it,ok?

Meanwhile...you may check our Reviews Around The Web section @ the main page...because I believe there are already some reviews of 7600 models there...and if not/they will surely be soon!...

Cya

"The standard core clock on the GeForce 7600 GT from NVIDIA is 560MHz with the 256MB of memory running at 1400MHz on a 128-bit memory bus."

Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> MSI Launch NX7600GT 3D Graphic Series ! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI