CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

azureus   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1094 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> azureus Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
azureus - 2/25/2006 10:16:19 AM   
liamheffernan

anybody know tips for downloading a file 1.50gb?
how long should it take with 2mb broadband and what speed should i have it set at?
Post #: 1
RE: azureus - 2/25/2006 4:22:26 PM   
MP3Mogul

I think you have confused me.  Download at the fastest speed possible.  I would use a program such as download manager or flashget to resume broken links just in case.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to liamheffernan)
Post #: 2
RE: azureus - 2/25/2006 6:24:17 PM   
Matthew

If you're talking about Bittorrent, the main issue is to limit the upload to avoid saturating your upstream - about 80% of your upstream bandwidth is supposed to give good results.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: azureus - 2/26/2006 7:17:32 AM   
SiliconFreak

...at max speed (for 2Mbps)...it should take some 2 hours...but that is if you could get max speed all the time...which in majority of cases isnt possible....so at least some 4+ hours (or up to few days) seems more realistic...but depends on where you download from...if its some torrent site...you could get good speeds...depending on sources/seeders and your settings (listen at what Matthew said!), also if you download from some dedicated server with high bandwidth...it could be very fast too (i.e. I am sure you could download @ max speed from Microsoft's site....but i believe you dont intend to download anything from there...)....otherwise...just give it a try and you'll see how fast it'll go...

Post #: 4
RE: azureus - 2/27/2006 2:33:39 PM   
liamheffernan

i dont know if you are familiar with azureus,but if you are: do u know when u right click on the little frog icon on the  start bar and it says max up/max down do you know what kinda settings i should have it on because its taking me like a week to download that same thing.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 5
RE: azureus - 2/28/2006 11:19:30 AM   
SiliconFreak

...actually i am not familiar with Azureus, I prefer BitComet...but the strategy is more or less the same...share more to get more.... Also you must check that there are enough reliable sources/seeds....

Thats mostly all there is....good luck....

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> azureus Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote