CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

HS Yeoh publishes encryption source code ebook !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1094 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> HS Yeoh publishes encryption source code ebook ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HS Yeoh publishes encryption source code ebook ! - 2/4/2006 10:04:08 AM   
SiliconFreak

Malaysia-based ICT author Yeoh has compiled an ebook of source code packages bundled with a fully functional program that encrypts and decrypts text or binary files, LTFCrypt Version 1.1.

This is an easy way for you to learn how to use Visual C++ with LibTomCrypt, a public domain and ISO C cryptography library, to build your own file encryption program.

Supported ciphers include: aes, blowfish, xtea, rc5, rc6, safer+, twofish, safer-k64, safer-sk64, safer-k128, safer-sk128, rc2, des, 3des, cast5, noekeon, skipjack, khazad and anubis.

In the example source codes, the symmetric block cipher chaining mode used is CTR (Counter Mode). However, LibTomCrypt also supports other modes, such as CFB, OFB, ECB, CBC.

If you use LibTomCrypt, your program does not need any external encryption DLLs or software components. Without DLL linking, you won't need to distribute any supporting DLLs.

There is only static linking using tomcrypt.lib. In addition, there are no messy COM installation problems.
LTFCrypt, a free and fully functional program, can be downloaded.

From this real-world example source code package, you can learn how to use C libraries in MFC applications, and how to use selected LibTomCrypt library functions with the correct parameters and sequence for encrypting and decrypting a file.

The package contains two Visual C++ projects:
  • Visual C++ 6.0 project with source codes and compiled LibTomCrypt static library, tomcrypt.lib
  • Visual C++ 7.1 project with source codes and compiled LibTomCrypt static library, tomcrypt.lib

Read More

Source : YeohHS
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> HS Yeoh publishes encryption source code ebook ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI